Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Cams

Old 09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys I will look into them,I know its a little late for cams but I have a blind that I wont be hunting until the middle of Nov. and I have always been wondering how many deer travel the area.I tell myself every year I am going to try the spot but never do,but this year opening day of firearm season I am going to be in this blind regardless where my mind tells me to go.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

I'm hearing good reviews from the major hunting stores and online on the Primos 35, some places have them under $90. You can buy 5 of them for the price of a reconyx, and have 4 of them stolen and still have one left.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Cuddebak has a sub 1 second trigger speed and the Primos 35 has about a 1.3 second trigger speed. Earley Primos 35s made a clunk when the picture was snapped newer ones are supposed to be fixed. Primos battery life I'm not sure about but I have heard the Cuddebak is quite good. Always looking at cams and you can check out chasingame.com for independant reviews.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

there is a trail camera message board. you'd have more luck posting on that one then the archery forum.

i've owned probably 30 trail cameras over the last dozen years. the moultrie i-40 is GREAT. they have some problems when in direct sunlight (heat can ruin the lcd screen) but i have about 30,000 pictures from my 4 moultries. the i40 is selling for as low as about $140 right now. personally, i'd spend a little more and pick one up. some people will bash on them but if you've tried a lot of different cams like i have they stand up well compared to the others.

bushnell trophy cams have serious quality issues in 2009 and 2010. i think they are starting to straighten them out though. i just got two 2010's to replace my 2009's. so we'll see.

wildgame innovations ir4 (i think that's what it's called) is actually $100 and would be a great option for you. battery life isn't quite as good as some of the others but they are good cameras.

cuddeback - don't waste your money. seriously! people fall for their marketing but they just are not worth it. there's very few people out there that have tried some of the leading cams out there that would say the cuddebacks can even compete. way overpriced!

primos - i have two. the 46 and the x cam. the 46 is currently on it's way primos to get fixed. about 9/10 of the night pics are completely black (no flash). both cams trigger way too often at nothing (my moultries rarely if ever do that). i'll get 200 pics of nothing a week w/ the primos cams. annoying.

Last edited by RackLuster; 09-23-2010 at 10:05 AM.