Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ninja deer target >

Ninja deer target

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ninja deer target

Old 09-21-2010, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

Cool Ninja deer target

Buddy let me use his 3-D deer target. He hates it as its so hard to remove the arrows. So yesterday I start at 20yrds and get a feel for not having such a huge bag target to catch my arrows. Certainly makes you focus more on your target.

So after 5 or 6 shots at 20yrds I walk back to around 30yrds and let the arrow fly. Either I slapped the release, jerked the bow on the release or that 3-D deer target ducked my shot (I am leaning more to operator error)

Arrow went over his back hit the ground and off into the woods it went.

certainly was fun shooting it though, plan on doing some more practicing with it before the season opens less than 2 weeks.

Dave
Old 09-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

I started practicing with a deer target last year and I think it greatly improved my confidence and shot accuracy. I practice with mine from 20-50 yards.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:14 AM
Spike

I hate when that happens!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

If arrows are still hard to pull out of deer target try this, take a paper towel with a little veggie oil and wipe the ends of the arrow shafts with it. wipe up to 8-10 inches of the arrow see what happens. It works great for me.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

I actually joked with my buddy to spray Pam cooking spray on his. He is shooting aluminum arrows, don't know if the oil would hurt carbonfiber or not that I am shooting.

Yeah the first couple of arrows I shot really changed the way I look at my target. I went from a big target with a bullseyes that allowed me to have some play and any direction to a target with no bullseye a 1/4 of the size.

Now to practice more, and loose less arrows.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

As long as the deer keeps duckin your arrows you won't have to replace it as often.....lol
Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

use car wax...works great
Old 09-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Spike

the 3-d targets are nice when you set up your stand to fine tune shooting lanes and such plus it helps me during the season to visualize how the deer looks at a certain range.