Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How many abidextrous shooters are out there? >

How many abidextrous shooters are out there?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many abidextrous shooters are out there?

Old 09-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default How many abidextrous shooters are out there?

Hey guys, I am wondering how many hunters shoot with both hands? I am just curious because I set a new stand this year and it has a nice trail at my 10 o'clock. Thats perfect for my natural right handed shot. However, there is a great trail at my 5 o'clock as well. That would be an extreamly hard right handed shot so I have been practicing with my left hand the past few weeks so just in case a monster walks down that trail. I have been getting petty good so I should have a shot if it comes up. Anyone elce try this?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use to do it for fun while practicing and actually shot a 3D round with my rh bow shooting lh and did very well. Never thought about having to a lh shot at an animal but I'm sure I could. I usually just try to position my stand and are mobile enough that I'd never have to actually do it. Also i use a wrist release so might cause a bit of a problem in the heat of the moment.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can

But shooting at a target and a deer are 2 different things

I can hit the target Left handed
But where on the target is the question

I respect deer to much to try hunting left handed

John
Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

i can, but i would just move to the edge of my stand to shoot around the tree, i wouldnt switch hands...
Old 09-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried it but seemed to have failed. I shoot right handed and when I tried left my right hand was much much more sturdy but my left hand pulling back was where I had my problems. I would shake like crazy in back.
Whenever I have a deer to the right of me I just stand up and turn. I usually stand up to shoot anyway because I can steady the bow better.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can shoot about 4" groups consistantly at 25yds shooting left handed... Im pretty confident I could easily kill one at 20ish yards if need be That is with a back tension(hinge) release as well.

I saw Levi Morgan(pro shooter) do it at a shoot that I was shooting in, and I thought it was the craziest thing ever. Then I tried it a few weeks later and realized it was one of those smoke and mirrors things that wasnt as crazy as it seemed...
Old 09-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, that's where i am at. It sounded crazy but when i trued it, it was easier than i thought. Plus being naturally right handed i feel i can hold the bow steadier than with my left arm. I jsut have to get a consistant anchor point. I doubt ill try it this year but those big bucks have a back of showing up when and where you don't have a shot.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, that's where i am at. It sounded crazy but when i trued it, it was easier than i thought. Plus being naturally right handed i feel i can hold the bow steadier than with my left arm. I jsut have to get a consistant anchor point. I doubt ill try it this year but those big bucks have a back of showing up when and where you don't have a shot.