Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit strap!!

Old 09-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Spike

Thumbs down Summit strap!!

I have a Summit Headhunter Lite I bought in 2003. It's not the best stand in the world, but it's not the worst either. After 7 years there's still absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's probably my favorite hang on.

Now I like to get back home after a hunt and I'm a pretty big dude so I tend to take strap replacement guidelines pretty seriously - even if they are overkill. I got on Summit's website today to order a new strap for my stand and they don't have any more. I wondered since the date code on the last one I ordered was already outdated but I didn't think much of it.

So I guess I apparently now own a perfectly good stand that's nothing but scrap aluminum!?! I'll be calling customer service on Monday to see if they have any but I doubt I'll ever buy another Summit if I can't expect more than 5 years of support for their products.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would imagine they can figure something out for you. The attachment system doesn't look a while lot different than what they are using on the Deer Decks. And if they don't, then I guess you could use a ratchet strap to fasten it to the tree.