Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best worse shot broadhead!!!! >

Best worse shot broadhead!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best worse shot broadhead!!!!

Old 08-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
I shot a deer with my Muzzy and I had to shoot through a 24 inch hickory tree and 6 foot of green briers and then went through both shoulders and stick in the ground up to the nock......Bad To the Bone !

LOL.

I once dropped my muzzy tipped arrow from my treestand. It hit the dirt and kept going...... ended up killing a deer over in China.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
LOL.

I once dropped my muzzy tipped arrow from my treestand. It hit the dirt and kept going...... ended up killing a deer over in China.
I hope you had an ATV for the drag home.....
Old 08-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
LOL.

Hahahahaha

but seriously guys, broadheads all kill deer, just place it right and you could use a field point... so whats with all the hate on different companies?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Im speechless, congrats on your 220# field dressed buck. That is a giant buck where Im from. Do you have pics of that deer? I would like to see what a 220# deer looks like. In that pic it looks like a straight on shot with the 4inch cutting diameter but in your story you said both bucks were quatering away hard. Thats awesome, simply awesome. Good luck this season!!
When you shoot a deer quartering away it magnifies the cutting diameter... Since the arrow is not traveling in a perpindicular manner it will not contact that way, which will mean it will travel along the animal and make a larger cut.

My experience with rage is awesome... Only one of the 6 I didnt see go down due to a poor shot b/c of a deflection...

This year I'm trying 2 blade blood runners just b/c... The rages treated me awesom, i just wanted to try out something else..
Old 08-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me clarify about the bucks weight, it was 222 lb on the hoof dressed out 180lbs and I have pictures. It was a big deer for NC. The deer was hit in the back section of the ribs and the arrow came out the opposite side front shoulder. The Rage Tipped arrow basically traversed the deers trunk. Penetration was amazing, 400 grain arrow at 285 fps so it has good energy, it's not a light setup. This year I'm shooting the same arrow faster with my Destroyer so I expect some more penetration.

Im speechless, congrats on your 220# field dressed buck. That is a giant buck where Im from. Do you have pics of that deer? I would like to see what a 220# deer looks like. In that pic it looks like a straight on shot with the 4inch cutting diameter but in your story you said both bucks were quatering away hard. Thats awesome, simply awesome. Good luck this season!!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
When you shoot a deer quartering away it magnifies the cutting diameter... Since the arrow is not traveling in a perpindicular manner it will not contact that way, which will mean it will travel along the animal and make a larger cut.

My experience with rage is awesome... Only one of the 6 I didnt see go down due to a poor shot b/c of a deflection...

This year I'm trying 2 blade blood runners just b/c... The rages treated me awesom, i just wanted to try out something else..
Can you draw a diagram for me?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
Let me clarify about the bucks weight, it was 222 lb on the hoof dressed out 180lbs and I have pictures. It was a big deer for NC. The deer was hit in the back section of the ribs and the arrow came out the opposite side front shoulder. The Rage Tipped arrow basically traversed the deers trunk. Penetration was amazing, 400 grain arrow at 285 fps so it has good energy, it's not a light setup. This year I'm shooting the same arrow faster with my Destroyer so I expect some more penetration.
Holy smokes that is a lot of KE....im shooting 433.2 grain arrow! Maybe I need to back off a little. Im pulling 72# 2007 bowtech tribute with a 27 inch draw. I cant remember but are the easton axis full metal jackets 11.9 gpi? I wonder what my KE is? I have no clue how fast my bow is but my arrows fly like lazer beams. Regardless that is a big buck weighing 180 pounds. My neighbor shot one three or four years ok that dressed out over 292#'s. I'll send a link. I have shot many old and young bucks and my biggest has been around 160 dressed. Here the link below

http://www.storybookbucks.com/recordbuck_wi/index.html
Old 08-31-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can you draw a diagram for me?
I could write a program and simulate it, but I'm not going to.

Did he shoot that buck with a slick trick???
Old 08-31-2010, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
I could write a program and simulate it, but I'm not going to.

Did he shoot that buck with a slick trick???
He shot through a John deere, three doe's and two round bail's to get that buck with a Muzzy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.