HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Best worse shot broadhead!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/328775-best-worse-shot-broadhead.html)

stabnslab_WI 08-30-2010 08:41 AM

Best worse shot broadhead!!!!

Rage!!! Are the best worse shot broadhead on the market!!!! Your going to have "Rage" after using them. I only use them for squirrel hunting now. I hear people say "oh, they are awesome broadheads, "I hit a doe in the guts and it only ran forty yards" yeah because half the guts are dragging and catching every stick and plant there is. Or "Holy smokes, I shot this deer and I blew right through the ribs and stuck the arrow into the ground 6 inches. Yeah ok....did you forget to mention it was a fawn with ribs the size of pencils. You want to shoot a real broadhead shoot slick trick's. I'll never use anything else!!! Thanks for reading this!!

StealthHtr22 08-30-2010 08:47 AM

I like my Meat Seekers.

The Rage must be pretty accurate to shoot them at squirrels...:wink:

stabnslab_WI 08-30-2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by StealthHtr22 (Post 3672742)
I like my Meat Seekers.

The Rage must be pretty accurate to shoot them at squirrels...:wink:

LOL.....I would never, to exspensive!!

WisconsinBowHunter 08-30-2010 09:03 AM

Rage sucks so much, slick trick is #1

LKNCHOPPERS 08-30-2010 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I shot two Bucks with the Rage two blade broadheads last season. Both were quatering away hard. Blew through several ribs on each deer. Both pass thrus with penetration to spare, one buck was 220lbs. Huge holes and great blood trails with Rage 2". Good Luck with your Slick Tricks, I use to shoot those but the blood trails the slick tricks left with good shots were not good many times.

Rage Cavern Below

stabnslab_WI 08-30-2010 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS (Post 3672759)
I shot two Bucks with the Rage two blade broadheads last season. Both were quatering away hard. Blew through several ribs on each deer. Both pass thrus with penetration to spare, one buck was 220lbs. Huge holes and great blood trails with Rage 2". Good Luck with your Slick Tricks, I use to shoot those but the blood trails the slick tricks left with good shots were not good many times.

Rage Cavern Below

Im speechless, congrats on your 220# field dressed buck. That is a giant buck where Im from. Do you have pics of that deer? I would like to see what a 220# deer looks like. In that pic it looks like a straight on shot with the 4inch cutting diameter but in your story you said both bucks were quatering away hard. Thats awesome, simply awesome. Good luck this season!!

inbowhunter21 08-30-2010 02:16 PM

The last six deer i have shot were with rage. I sat there and watched 5 of the 6 go down from my stand! Im not trying to talk bad about slick tricks at all! If they work for you awesome! I dont like them but im not bad talkin them! I dont see why ppl get so upset about broadheads they dont like? If you dont like them dont use them and leave it at that!

razor6570 08-30-2010 02:38 PM

This thread could get real nasty in a hurry with some of these comments! To each their own is what I say. If you like it and it works for you stay with it until you want something new or are disappointed with your current head.
I personally like cut on contact heads. I have shot Thunderheads for about eight years. They haven't let me down yet. I place the shot well they will do their job!
No matter what head you shoot if you hit the deer bad, it will not be easy to recover!

Good luck to everyone, no matter what head you shoot.

kaileybear 08-30-2010 03:06 PM

Perhaps it was the type of bow you're using. Which is? I'm sure it was the best one out there, too. Like it was already stated.... if you don't like it don't use it. I'm trying them for the first time this year, also some G5s. Am I skeptical?? Yes, but I hear good things too. We'll see what happens.

Kybuckhunter 08-30-2010 05:13 PM

I shot a deer with my Muzzy and I had to shoot through a 24 inch hickory tree and 6 foot of green briers and then went through both shoulders and stick in the ground up to the nock......Bad To the Bone !