Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Smart phone video\range finder sight >

Smart phone video\range finder sight

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smart phone video\range finder sight

Old 09-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by RuLzU
its impossible. obviously you dont know anything about programing and or the technology your holding in your hand. im not on here everyday to here your response but. good luck, yet impossible with what you have. perhapps in a few years. def a cool idea. just not reality. also smells like spam...
What exactly do you mean? I have video of it and have used it as well as others. What won't work, my phone?

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-17-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Typical Buck

dude grow up how long have you been doing this sport when you have done it for as long as me i might listen to you and seriously you called your wife as barbie might mean something different here because you just made a big insult to your wife
Old 09-17-2010, 04:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
dude grow up how long have you been doing this sport when you have done it for as long as me i might listen to you and seriously you called your wife as barbie might mean something different here because you just made a big insult to your wife
I have been hunting for 28 years.
My wife read your post and laughed and gave me the joke that I posted. I don't want to grow up anymore because I won't be able to bow hunt since I am over 40.
I give her the credit for the joke.I was going to make a dingo and outback brokeback reference but she stopped me. You might not get it. Connecting the dots can be difficult sometimes.
It is a cheap camera,camcorder,smartphone mount. Why fight technology?
Apps that I use while in the field:
The Weather Channel
Advanced task killer(to save battery)
Blogger droid (so I can post what I see real time)
Android cloud( too complicated to explain to you)
Dog whistler( when I have my Vizsla out bird hunting)
ES file explorer (another one that isn't worth explaining)
Gmail
imovicha
Latitiude( tells me where my hunting buddies are - usually my wife for when we leave the woods in the dark)
Paypal - to work out shipments\payments for those hunters who use a smart phone
Google maps
Places
Smart Measure
Sundroid (give me legal hunting hours)
Google talk (so I can quietly communicate with my wife)
Ustream - so I can broadcast live
Sipdroid - so I don't use any cell phone minutes -unlimited text,IM and minutes at no cost
A pile of other personal apps that I can take care of while on stand( bills etc)
THe list goes on and on...
I suggest you watch one of my broadcasts so you can see the sound and video quality capability.
You crack me up.
Keep 'em coming...you are a good source of entertainment! (I'll give ya that)

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-17-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

you know what i wrote a big ripping reply
but you arnt worth it good luck im going hunting

Last edited by ozbowhunter; 09-17-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
you know what i wrote a big ripping reply
but you arnt worth it good luck im going hunting
I agree completely. And by the way, get off of the forum, you came here to do nothing but sell a product. I think that's bullsh!t. People come here to chat, ask for help, learn new things, help other people out. So why don't you and your phone just take a hike and get maried somewhere.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
I agree completely. And by the way, get off of the forum, you came here to do nothing but sell a product. I think that's bullsh!t. People come here to chat, ask for help, learn new things, help other people out. So why don't you and your phone just take a hike and get married somewhere.
thanks hardwood im glad you saw what i saw
Old 09-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
I agree completely. And by the way, get off of the forum, you came here to do nothing but sell a product. I think that's bullsh!t. People come here to chat, ask for help, learn new things, help other people out. So why don't you and your phone just take a hike and get maried somewhere.
Are u like 13 or something??? Lol
Old 09-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by drockw
Are u like 13 or something??? Lol
ohhhh, I forgot an r! Slap my wrists and call me 13! Oh, and u? Are "u" an idiot?

Last edited by HardwoodHunter; 09-17-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Spike

You guys can rag all you want...
I spent the day with my wife hunting doves with shotgun to get her in form for her shotty hunt that is sponsored by our states game commission.
DrockW thanks for the support...maybe these guys will understand what we have been talking about before they can't bow hunt anymore.
Endorsements are on the way and it isn't important to me anymore to educate anyone who doesn't get it and a rag fest isn't really conducive to hunting anyway.You don't need to buy anything or choose a channel on the tele that I prefer so go have fun and do what you can with what you have.
We have less than 2 weeks for archery here in Pennsylvania and can't wait to vid our hunts,bow and shotgun live. I am really looking forward to my wife bagging her first deer and she is even more excited than I.
We are over 40 and are looking forward to it and are researching illuminated nocks for the hunt since we are hunting under a dark canopy where it is much like night in the middle of the day and so will be hard to film with anything.
DrockW if you want hooked up send me an email and I am sure I can do something for you.
We are getting ready to begin beta testing and have pending endorsements on the beta results for the mount thing which will help move those 13 yr olds into the 21st century.Even if they think they can wrastle an alli you can check it out also.We had a trillion people apply so I can't give you that opportunity but I can probably give you something to provide feedback on, even if you are over 13 HAHAH!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

I can say, excellent idea and I hope that it goes well for you. I have an iphone and can see exactly what you are trying to do. Would definitely lighten the load.

On the other hand, just because someone doesn't google chat doesn't mean they are behind the times. Its just cheaper for me to have a family texting plan then it is to have a data plan for my family. 20 a month for unlimited texting is a hell of a lot cheaper then paying for a data plan for each. besides my Iphone is second hand so I didn't have to get a data plan for that either. I can still use all the apps that apply when I need them. Best of luck with your app, and if it comes to apple, I may have to look into it, but no reason to insult for a lack of technology.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.