Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hunting after work? too late? >

Hunting after work? too late?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting after work? too late?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default An hour or two of hunting . . .

is better than no hunting at all.

And if you can put up with the shortness, the deer will have to put up with you.

I once got delayed until dawn broke, and still made an appearance.

It was nearly an hour before I got to the site, had to get the stuff together, and walked into the woods.
I walked down a trail past some hunters; then started into the woods where I pre-scouted and got in some 100 yards. Some deer jumped up; I shot one. After fifteen minutes, I located the deer under some bushes, as it slid downhill.
I gutted the deer and went home. The wife wanted to know why I was back for noon lunch.

You never really know.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

your just in time for pimetime. you can't shoot a deer if your not in the woods.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Last Year, I would sneak into my stand about 1 hour n a half before dark, Probally about 35 minnutes before the sun would be down. Plenty of times I saw deer. Plenty of times I spooked deer as well, For me I just hunted whenever I could, I also had another spot not to far from home so I wasn't concerned to much about ruining it neither
Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

As long as you have a couple of hours before dark, go for it. Just tiptoe in and make sure the wind is in your favor
Old 08-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Spike

heres a question. do you guys all shower b4 you hit your stand after work? i try and get in the woods whenever i can. there have been times i rushed home from work took a shower to descent got in the truck drove to my spot only to have the sun setting on me
Old 08-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Spike

Most of my bow kills come at the last half hour of light. One thing I do know for sure is that you won't kill any deer in your house!