Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Getting Old Sucks!! >

Getting Old Sucks!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting Old Sucks!!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Getting Old Sucks!!

I turned 51 this year(DAMNIT). I have killed more than my fair share of animals and still the anticpation is incredible. I have been shooting every morning and evening for a while now. Shooting is harder. Lifting weights is harder. The freaking treadmill is way harder. It's a good thing that hunting is sweeter and I'm able to enjoy the full experience of being in the mountains or it just might not be worth it. 19 more days and then it begins. Although my body isn't really ready and my mind cannot stand the anticipation. I'm still like a kid, with a pocket full of money, in front of a candy store, waiting for it to open. Bring on 2010 elk season. When do you guys start?? Good luck to all of you guys and gals.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey lucky, where in Co are you from? I use to live out there for 8 years when I was a teenager. I'm in up state NY and our season doesn't start till Oct 16th. I think we start the lastest...... it sucks having to wait.... I feel your getting old pains, and then some. I have had two back surgery's. I am held together with 6 screws and 2 rods and 2 cages. I'm 44 but I think my body it 64.. lol. But, until I cant walk anymore, I will be in my tree stand every opening day... I sure wish I was back in Co. I love it out there. We didn't get to go out there to see family this year. We try to get out there every year...
Old 08-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Centennial. I hear you on the back sugeries. I had the fusion last year. I have a little titanium and six screws I take with me everywhere I go.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

Ditto on the getting old thing Lucky. I swear the bluffs of Iowa get steeper every year. I keep telling myself it's just that the earth is leaning a little more this year than last, lol.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Dog,
I'm just 5 yrs behind you and I know what you mean (oh my knees!). Yeah, the anticipation is always unbearable. I'll be in GMU 67 on Sept 18 for my first elk hunt. So far I haven't injured myself during my training so I plan to be peaking when I head out there.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
I'm still like a kid, with a pocket full of money, in front of a candy store, waiting for it to open.
Hey brother, it could always be worse. You could be like a kid in front of a candy store with empty pockets.

I'm right there with KCMO - five years behind you. The way I see it though, every day is a great day. As long as I wake up, it's a great day.

Last edited by LittleChief; 08-10-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

I am 46 also, and since I just started hunting 2 years ago I have lots of hunting to make up and a limited warrantee on my body parts. The only good part about starting hunting now is that I have some money to buy good hunting equipment.

Atleast you don't have a nice 12 point rack on your head and folks out to get you.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sniggle
I am 46 also, and since I just started hunting 2 years ago I have lots of hunting to make up and a limited warrantee on my body parts. The only good part about starting hunting now is that I have some money to buy good hunting equipment.
We have quite a bit in common then as this year will only be my fourth year bowhunting.

Originally Posted by Sniggle:3661016
At least you don't have a nice 12 point rack on your head and folks out to get you.
That's a good way to look at it!
Old 08-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Getting old sucks but it is better than not getting old.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Prairie Wolf
Getting old sucks but it is better than not getting old.
There 'ya go!

Like I said, any day you wake up is a good day. If it's not a good day it's totally your fault.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.