Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Getting Old Sucks!! >

Getting Old Sucks!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting Old Sucks!!

Old 08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

I'll be 61 this year, omg... but I'll tell you CLD and youngsters, you'll be here before you know it. Stay the course with working out & aerobics, and keep your weight under control so that you can continue to enjoy the outdoors - I've seen too many hunters fall by the wayside. BTW, it doesn't get any easier, lol.

-fsh
Old 08-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya brother(s)...turning 49 @ the end of the month but I still have the motivation to climb into my stand during bow season the same way I did when I was 15 years old. My passion to hunt and be out among nature hasn't gotten any less while growing older, it will never get old. My love for bowhunting and enjoying the great outdoors is still as great as it was when I was younger. I hope to be bowhunting when I'm well into my 70's and beyond, the good Lord willing.....and when I die I hope there is plenty of hunting where ever I end up. Good luck hunting this season and all be safe.

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 08-10-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of my very best hunting partners, is going to call it quits after this year. We have been rifle elk hunting together for 15 years. He says he just can't take the walking or the atv rides. I told him we need to buy some horses. He just laughed. I think he is going to be 65 this year.

Thanks for the replies. I think you guys gave me new motivation for working out. Maybe next year, I'll work out all year long. Not just the 3 months before elk season!!LMAO
Old 08-11-2010, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

My step Dad use to go out Elk hunting every year in the San Louis Valley, ( where I lived in the 80's ) But then one year he got high altitude poisoning. So he called it quits. He was 65 when that happened. He has been back out there and he didn't have any problems, but at 72 years old he figured he better quit hunting. They use to take mules and there 4 Wheeler's. I got a small 5x4 bull when I lived out there in 81. I never got a chance to go for mule deer. Some day I will... I love Colorado.....
They are going to be putting a pain pump in me in the next couple weeks. Then its a 4 to 6 weeks of recovery. I told my wife, they better hurry up and get this thing put in because I'm not missing bow season, wont happen...lol.. But when that pump is put in, my pain should FINALLY!!! go away....
Old 08-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know what they say, "Getting old ain't for sissies!"

I am a little older than you, it definitely is a "painful" transition in so many ways, however considering the alternative, it doesn't seem so bad.

I too will be in the mountains come the 28th. I will be moving slow but I will be there nevertheless.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Age is just a number, I turn 61 in two weeks, I still shoot everyday, play golf and work harder than I ever have in my life. Age is just a state of mind.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who do you complain to

. . . if you get to sixty?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by The Rev
Age is just a number, I turn 61 in two weeks, I still shoot everyday, play golf and work harder than I ever have in my life. Age is just a state of mind.
i'm with you. love walking the golf course and the woods. just turned 59 and still hanging lock ons by myself. i fully realize that will change, but hopefully ground blinds will allow me to hunt for many more years.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
Sorry Rev but that's kind of a retarded statement. I think your age is getting to you. How many bowhunters do you know that are 80?? Not very many I bet. Is their state of mind all screwed up?? LMAO!! I'm glad your health is so good and I hope you can hunt until your 200 years old but age is not a state of mind. It is a fact of life. I think that accepting that fact will help individuals live their life to the MAX!! JMHO

That being said, I feel like a million bucks and I always feel my best right before hunting season.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use to feel like a million bucks, but most of it got stolen when they knocked me out to do the 2 back surgery's I had.... lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.