Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Bow. WHAT ARROW? >

New Bow. WHAT ARROW?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow. WHAT ARROW?

Old 08-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Spike

Default New Bow. WHAT ARROW?

Im getting Bowtech SWAT on Monday and passing my current bow down to my little brother. I'm currently shooting out of my old bow the easton st axis n-fused arrows and was thinking about getting the full metal jackets for my new bow. What are you thoughts and opinions?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Spike

I would recommend carbon express maxima's they are great arrows... or the maxima hunter's.. the maxima hunters are generally better for longer range shots (30 + yards) but if you are like me and dont have very far firing lanes the regular maxima's would probably be a better choice.. I have been givin this information by a few bowtechs... good luck with ur choice...
Old 08-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Fork Horn

gold tips do it great arrow fer the buck !
Old 08-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats your draw length? Draw weight?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Spike

Default new bow which arrow

i just bought a new pse omen (27" draw and 65lb pull) i was shooting a hoyt vtech (27" draw and 55lb pull). i use beman ics bowhunter 400's should i switch arrows if so what would be best?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take it for what it's worth, EASTON/BEMAN arrows are the only ones that are 100% AMERICAN MADE!!! Therefore, I shoot solely Easton/Beman arrows, because I get paid in DOLLARS, not YEN (Japanese) or YUAN (Chinese) or WON (Korean), and I also am not a Mexican National so my support for Gold Tip is limited....

Beyond that, if you guys are looking for arrows, get an arrow that is matched up well with your specific set-up. For example, don't go shooting a .400 spine arrow out of a 73# bow with a 29.5" DL unless you want something that will not fly well. A little stiffer spine is always BETTER, than a WEAK spine.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

im shooting vforce arrows on my bowtech guardian. SUPER straight shooting arrows.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

I LOVE my Full Metal Jackets! .002 straightness and a heavy 11.3 grains per inch gives awesome penetration. If I were only shooting targets I would probably stick with a lighter carbon arrow for the flat trajectory.