Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mudding blinds?

Old 08-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default mudding blinds?

just bought an amerstep intimidator and was wondering if its wise to mud a blind like that. the instructions say dirt is tough on blinds... i was under the understanding that mudding is an essential for all blinds. what do you guys do?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've never put mud on anything! I would think that mud would start the rotting process.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

That mud wont cause it to rot as long as you let it dry and brush it off first. It really helps cut down on the shine of the new fabric.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive never heard of putting mud on a blind...
Old 08-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

I have an Ameristep Outhouse Blind.. I have never intentionally put mud on it, but it has got covered in mud before, thanks to a few nice storms.. I wouldn't recommend doing it because as ksfowler said you need to let it dry out and flake/brush it off; yes this is proper care for it I know, but I has lead to some discoloration on mine. The glare off the new fabric on mine wasn't that great to worry about even out of the box.