Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My wife loves me so much... >

My wife loves me so much...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My wife loves me so much...

Old 08-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default My wife loves me so much...

that she gave me a $750 outfitted bow she won in a raffle!

No kidding!!

Two months ago, I bought two raffle tickets at our local Sportsmans Liqiudation store. I put my name on one and my wife's on the other, and this past Saturday they called us to inform her that she won it. It's beautiful!!

Here are the specs:
http://www.crossbow.com/encore

ENCORE
The perfect combinations...
All elements necessary for speed, accuracy, and forgiveness, simultaneously engaged in the new OS-3 cam system.
ATA.....................33"
Brace Height......7.50"
Draw..............25"-33"
Weight.........50-60-70
IBO F.P.S.............310
Camo.......RealTree HD

Anyway, it was a full package deal with every accesory and add-on imaginable (release, arrows, broadheads, field tips, allen pack, sights, quiver, stabilizer, etc). I estimate the total value around $800. But it has a 60 lb pull, and it's too much for her. So she gave it to me and I bought her a Parker Sidekick with 40 lb limbs for her for only $299 completely setup and out the door. The people at Sportsmans Liquidation are awesome!

Check them out.
http://www.sportsmansliquidation.com/

Not sure if the wife wants me to post a pic of her at the store with the bow she won, so I won't for now. Maybe later...

And one final thought. I didn't know that Horton was getting into the vertical bow market until this raffle. But I'm so glad they did! This is a really sweet bow. I can hold it at full draw twice as long as my PSE Primos NRG hybrid. I love my PSE, but my new Horton Vertical Encore just bumped the PSE back to "second string".
Old 08-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to you both! Looks like a nice bow.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats, all my wife gave me for our anniversary was a lake house. I'm jealous!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and goodluck to both of you with your new bows.