Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

retarded

Old 08-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Spike

i dont think people who are slow are different i know slow people who are geniuses in some things
Old 08-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

re·tard·ed (r-tärdd)adj.1. Often Offensive Affected with mental retardation.
2. Occurring or developing later than desired or expected; delayed.

So though you mean it by someone being stupid and not metal retarded, that does not mean others will take it the same way. It would be like a white guy walking up to his African American friend and some other African Americans and saying whats up my ni*ger. Sure your buddy might realize your harmless use of the word but the guy next to him might not. We are responiable for what we say and do. Not saying you where totally wrong for the use of the word, I think we all do it at some time. Though being young you need to realize that things like this are not always fun and games and you will be judged by what you say and do. Yes even on the internet.
Now I hate to do this, as I hate when others point out stupid grammar mistakes on line, but you do not start a sentence with AND and you did not use a . at the end of your sentence.
You said you got A and Princeton would love to have you so I felt you opened yourself up for it. Though not like you spelled book wrong so not a big issue. I have noticed though that following good grammar even on line makes things easier when you write papers or do homework.

PS In my college English class they deduct points for every little thing so though you might get good grades now things get tuff later.

Originally Posted by petey the hunter
and in my book retarded means doing a stupid thing
Old 08-03-2010, 03:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

One more and I will leave you alone. Your post will get more results and have a better impact on your readers if you do not just type it out quick and not have everything worded right. I know sounds stupid and it is the internet but people find it is easier to read something with proper grammar. Again just advice, I do the same thing and know that there are some on here and other forums that will not even respond if you write your paper like a you do not care or are stupid.

Not saying your either just might come off that way to some. I am guessing your just doing things like alot of kids do when they talk on the internet. IE LOL LMAO WAYA which is were are you at. When it comes down to long post or when you need advice using those get you in trouble. I think of it this way would I use BRB(be right back) in a paper or when talking to a teacher, no I would not so I don't in threads.
dude im 13 an ive sent my grades to prinston the said they would love me never got lower then an A
Old 08-03-2010, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

I have done some pretty dumb things in my life but d***! Thats just plan stupid........wtf is right.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

dude im 13 an ive sent my grades to prinston the said they would love me never got lower then an A
All I can do is laugh at this post my young friend.

and in my book retarded means doing a stupid thing
Then you need to throw that book away and get a new one.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

If I'm not mistaken, is it not Princeton University..

But on a serious note, this word is offensive. My father has taught MR children for nearly 30 years in the public school system, and for a few years in high school and college I even volunteered in his classroom. These children are amazing and have a bigger heart than most anyone I know, and as W.IL.BowHunter said they aren't given the choice to say, "No thanks I want to be born without any defects."

Not saying this to flame the author of this thread or to stoke the fire anymore (well maybe the Princeton comment a lil'), but really this is just trying to show him that it is an offensive word and hopefully he will remove it from his vocabulary.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Being 13, im assuming this kid has a cell-phone... Which means he probably texts alot. Hes probably bringing his texting skills onto the computer which is his spelling and grammar problem. People are always shortening words and not using punctuation while texting just so you can get more words into the text since you are limited on characters.
As far as the sending your grades into princeton.. Sorry bud but I can't believe that. What would a university want with a 13 year old? Unless you just invented the next big thing in the world I doubt your already getting looks into colleges..
Old 08-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's funny, please tell some more jokes!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why'd you send transcripts to a college when you're 13? Are you looking to enroll early? Skip high school and go right into college straight out of middle school? That's like Doogie Howser!!!

If it doesn't work out at Prinston, you could try haurverd or yayle. Maybe cohloumbiah.

And you're friend has a bad idea. I can see someone being hit in the face with a fast-moving, sharp piece of metal.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

so you're saying that the snap of a bowstring penetrated the rim of the .22 round and it went off, propelling the arrow?

seriously?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.