Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shoulder pain

Old 07-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Spike

Default shoulder pain

ok i practice a lot and my left shoulder herts a lot but i draw back with my right why is that
Old 07-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

If anyone here can tell you why, they should be in medicine! It could be that you’re not stretching before you shoot, or you’ve shoot too much at one time.

Need to slowly work up to shooting a lot. I can shoot several hundred arrows and it doesn’t bother me, but I’ve been shooting a long time. You might just have strained a muscle or you might have some partial rotator tear! Or it could be that you’re shooting a bow with too much draw. I’d see a doctor if it continues.

I’d lay off a few days and then see if it hurts to draw. If not shoot just a few and shoot more each day, don’t shoot until it hurts!

It’s really hard to tell why you hurt.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

could be to much weight and not working up to it. Or something is wrong with your shoulder. I lend to the first and would expect it to be the case. My right shoulder hurts when shooting but I messed it up when me and a patch of ice on my drive way did not get along.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

My left shoulder was hurting me too. I started doing sets of pushups every day & now I'm shooting pain free again. Guess I'm just getting old...
Old 07-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

Use your left hand for Drinking. One good nite on the town and it'll feel better
Old 07-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like your Deltoid/s (three different muscles) are a bit tender from over use. I highly doubt you have any serious problems and wouldn't even consider this a thought, especially at your young age (guessing you are young by the way you write and the questions you ask). It would be an long anatomy lesson if I went into muscles and how they work and there is no need for that here. One thing to know about deltoid muscles is that they are actually a very weak muscle group when asked to do movements they are not used to doing.

In Summary, Just take a few days off, maybe cut back on your poundage and work your way up to the poundage you want to be at. This is JMHO from someone in "medicine "
Old 07-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Spike

you got it im 13 thanks for the a an whats wrong with my q <8·)
Old 07-30-2010, 04:41 AM
bigcountry

The bow arm shoulder takes all the strain in the shoulder. The draw arm just draws and the back should have all the strain. So a person can have back and shoulder pain.

My bow arm shoulder kills me.