Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
muzzy 3 or 4 blade >

muzzy 3 or 4 blade

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

muzzy 3 or 4 blade

Old 07-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I personally like to use a 4 blade more than a two or three blade. The reason is that as the skin and muscle stretches a 4 blade actually leaves a round/square hole instead of a slice or triangle.

well if you have your bow firing on all cylinders so to speak you can take the blades and line them with the vanes and that makes it fly nicer, which obviously makes for less drag, 4 blades theres' only 1 that can be lined up. I've always done it and I don't use the ones that don't line up. I don't know seems logical to me everything's in line less drag and more like a field tip.
That is all nothing but old wives tails passed down from generation to generation. When you get the math figured out to actually get this to work in a 100% controlled laboratory environment let me know and I (mother nature) will change the wind direction so you can throw all of your work right out the window.

Last edited by bigbulls; 07-27-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I personally like to use a 4 blade more than a two or three blade. The reason is that as the skin and muscle stretches a 4 blade actually leaves a round/square hole instead of a slice or triangle.

That is all nothing but old wives tails passed down from generation to generation. When you get the math figured out to actually get this to work in a 100% controlled laboratory environment let me know and I (mother nature) will change the wind direction so you can throw all of your work right out the window.

Yeah also think of it like this, 4 blades is able to do more cutting, more cutting is more hemorrhaging more hemorrhaging is more blood on the ground and in the chest cavity. I don't know, I use 3 blade, worked for me so far. One thing I have noticed also, they can't run far with a hole in their lungs.

Ryan.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Fork Horn

good points yall. i just thought that the 4 blade would possible have a chance of a better blood trail and less chance of hole blockage. i shoot a bow prety good and always get a lung hit. just thought a little extra damage cant hurt anything. i have always shot the reg muzzy's but think im going to also go with the mx3.

as far as the 2 blade "bleeder blade as i call them" some have such a large blade span. some 2 1/2 inches. jeest seems to me like if the blade is turned the wrong way when it hits the chest it would hurt your penetration. if you watch the NAP broadhead videos allot of the shots arent complete passthru's. when i shoot a deer i want 2 holes.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have always preferred a 4 blade even when I shot mechanicals. A 4 blade broadhead with the same diameter cut will do more tissue damage than a 3 blade head of the same size.

Dan