Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ok where do I get my full auto machine gun >

Ok where do I get my full auto machine gun

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok where do I get my full auto machine gun

Old 07-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Ok where do I get my full auto machine gun

Well it is getting that time again. This will be my 7th year I think loosing count hunting and my 7th with no deer .

For the last 5 years I have been saying if I do not get one this year I am done. last year it stopped day one sitting in that stand and then missing a doe. Then I missed another the next day and the 5th I shot over a 250 or so pound doe and wacked a young doe in the leg before figuring gander had left my sight loose when they mounted it. . Still I am hooked and not quiting. I can see it now hey kids this is daddies 15th year and no deer. Then I take junior out and he wacks one day one and I cry and laugh and die alittle inside. LOL

I have started really thinking about the season coming up. Been seeing alot of does and small bucks in fields in the fish and widlife area I hunt. Which has lost another 1000 or so acres back to the coal mines. ****ing coal pits.

I saw some does in 4 of the 8 places I plan to scout soon. Three spots are corn or bean fields on a clearing off a back road. WOrst case I will break out the muzzy and sit on the fields when the muzzy season rolls around. I am telling you though no deer this year I am going full auto with a brush gaurd and stacks on my jeep. SO it is hitting me bad with the buck fever what about the rest of you? I got lucky and got scuba diving certified in march and have been diving here locally and focusing on something I can do and not hunting season 6 months away well now 3 1/2 or so.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Well it is getting that time again. This will be my 7th year I think loosing count hunting and my 7th with no deer .

For the last 5 years I have been saying if I do not get one this year I am done. last year it stopped day one sitting in that stand and then missing a doe. Then I missed another the next day and the 5th I shot over a 250 or so pound doe and wacked a young doe in the leg before figuring gander had left my sight loose when they mounted it. . Still I am hooked and not quiting. I can see it now hey kids this is daddies 15th year and no deer. Then I take junior out and he wacks one day one and I cry and laugh and die alittle inside. LOL

I have started really thinking about the season coming up. Been seeing alot of does and small bucks in fields in the fish and widlife area I hunt. Which has lost another 1000 or so acres back to the coal mines. ****ing coal pits.

I saw some does in 4 of the 8 places I plan to scout soon. Three spots are corn or bean fields on a clearing off a back road. WOrst case I will break out the muzzy and sit on the fields when the muzzy season rolls around. I am telling you though no deer this year I am going full auto with a brush gaurd and stacks on my jeep. SO it is hitting me bad with the buck fever what about the rest of you? I got lucky and got scuba diving certified in march and have been diving here locally and focusing on something I can do and not hunting season 6 months away well now 3 1/2 or so.
Ok, So you are blamming someone else for not tighteing up your equipment. Haven't you noticed this issue while practicing? I'm sorry but If you are missing deer and wounding deer, never to find them, there is a problem going on other then a loose sight. I agree we all get a little nervous, but OMG.

1. First off are you practicing with your broadheads before darting out to the woods?
2. Have you ever killed a deer, other then with a bow, how many have you missed, really?
3. If you are missing so much, maybe you need to start learning how to relax, breath, focus, think about something else, aim and then release.
4. The best solution might be to just stop bow hunting all together (before the season starts), you might owe that to the animals you are shooting at.

This might sound harsh, but just think of the 2 deer that probably suffered from your bad shooting. Now think about how many more you could have wounded before even wounding the last 2.

Moral of the rant, If you are not respecting the animal enough not to put a proper shot on them because of blamming equipment issues on someone else, not taking your time and/or maybe not enough broadhead practicing, then you should not be out there in the woods with your bow. IMO
Old 07-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Patience my friend, patience.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Kreagerm
Ok, So you are blamming someone else for not tighteing up your equipment. Haven't you noticed this issue while practicing? I'm sorry but If you are missing deer and wounding deer, never to find them, there is a problem going on other then a loose sight. I agree we all get a little nervous, but OMG.

1. First off are you practicing with your broadheads before darting out to the woods?
2. Have you ever killed a deer, other then with a bow, how many have you missed, really?
3. If you are missing so much, maybe you need to start learning how to relax, breath, focus, think about something else, aim and then release.
4. The best solution might be to just stop bow hunting all together (before the season starts), you might owe that to the animals you are shooting at.

This might sound harsh, but just think of the 2 deer that probably suffered from your bad shooting. Now think about how many more you could have wounded before even wounding the last 2.

Moral of the rant, If you are not respecting the animal enough not to put a proper shot on them because of blamming equipment issues on someone else, not taking your time and/or maybe not enough broadhead practicing, then you should not be out there in the woods with your bow. IMO
Yeah.. Thats what he needs.. Way to encourage a fellow hunter..

While Kreagerm is correct on the points he makes... He could still be a bit more tactful. We call those checks on our gear in the military PCCs (pre-combat checks). By all means they should be done EVERY time you go out. That said.. Keep your chin up and keep tryin. Keep practicing (especially shooting from an elevated position simulating shooting from a stand) and make sure you can make that shot when it's time. #1 tip that everyone will give you, keep an eye on the wind.

I went 4 years without a deer because I chose to pass on shots or just plain didn't see any deer where I could get a shot or whatever. I stuck with it and was rewarded for my patience. You'll get there.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I only hit one, I am not blaming it all on the sight issue. Guess most of you guys are new or old members coming back. This is my 7th year hunting I shot and killed one my first year but got stuck getting to it and got a ride back to my house. The guy who gave me the ride went back and stole my deer. I hunted gun only in ky my second year and did not even see one that was not being drug out. I was in a way over hunted area and had about 60% of the two weeks to hunt. I got my bow at the end of the season for xmas. The third year I skipped because I moved 4 weeks before season started and did not find a good spot and did not have my hunter ed card(NC requires it for everyone born after 64 I think it is. Since then I have been here in southwest indiana. My first year bow hunting I took a shot on a 4 point and wacked a small limb I could not see that was a few feet in front of him. The next day buck fever got me on a 9 point and he moved around a tree and I made the mistake of trying to let my bow down to he moved from behind it and shot over him. The bow issue and bad hit was last year not this year and was fixed. SO why in the heck would I not hunt this season.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is where I was at last year. I hunt public land so not like I had 20 stands to hunt. I had a few close encounters but would not take the shot.

Also back to the first reply. I have and do practice with my broadheads I ant stupid. When I had the new sit put on I went out had it dead on and holding great groups out to 40 yards. This was 1 week before season so I left it alone till hunting season opened up. I figure with the rough gravel roads from the range then out and around to the hunting spot it just knocked it off alittle.

You asked me how many I killed and I guess I will ask you so how many with what weapon? Have you missed yet?
Originally Posted by peeker
Yeah.. Thats what he needs.. Way to encourage a fellow hunter..

While Kreagerm is correct on the points he makes... He could still be a bit more tactful. We call those checks on our gear in the military PCCs (pre-combat checks). By all means they should be done EVERY time you go out. That said.. Keep your chin up and keep tryin. Keep practicing (especially shooting from an elevated position simulating shooting from a stand) and make sure you can make that shot when it's time. #1 tip that everyone will give you, keep an eye on the wind.

I went 4 years without a deer because I chose to pass on shots or just plain didn't see any deer where I could get a shot or whatever. I stuck with it and was rewarded for my patience. You'll get there.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone who says they haven't had something go wrong or they haven't made a mistake which resulted in a miss or a less than perfect shot is full of "it" or they haven't been hunting long. My first year archery hunting resulted in more screw ups than I'd like to admit. I also made a poor hit on a hard angled quartering away shot. I could blame it on the Mechanical broadhead I was using but the fact is I shot about 3 inches more forward than I wanted to and ended up sending my arrow into the shoulder bone deflecting it forward further slicing the deers leg. I hunted for that same doe and passed up others throughout the season because I felt I had to try to take out that deer before the winter came and she had more problems getting around and finding food. Finally I shot that same deer later in the gun season after I saw 3 traveling by me with the last one still limping on that left front leg. Stick with it, and prepare yourself for every possible obstacle you can. And like peeker stated do an equipment check often- every time you take it out of the truck or it's case when practicing and before putting it back. Do your homework, pattern the deer, try to eliminate your odor, play the wind and do not shoot beyond your capabilities. Do all of this and things will still go wrong, be prepared for many more disappointments.