Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone have old broadheads I could have/buy? >

Anyone have old broadheads I could have/buy?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone have old broadheads I could have/buy?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone have old broadheads I could have/buy?

I'm just looking for 3 or better yet 6 fixed blade 100gr broadheads...I'll obviously pay shipping and maybe a little more but the reason I'm looking for these is to do some testing between blazer vanes and feathers. Both for speed, consistency in ALL conditions (windy, wet, etc) and how they group. I don't want to spend 60-80 dollars on broadheads just to dull them all out on a target. I don't care what kind of shape they are in as long as they are the same type and 100gr. Let me know, I can post my results too if I find a way to get some broadheads.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Getcha some Muzzys...you can buy a 6 pack for 30 bucks usually and you can resharpen the blades. Thats what I do and I have no problem
Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can buy replacement blades for the muzzys, probably at the same place you buy the BH.... I use 100 grain muzzys and love them. I have so I use for target practice and new ones for hunting. I haven't bought replacement blades for mine because the tip is usually messed up, so I end up buying new ones. But like KYdeerhunter said, you can get them for like $30 to $35 for a six pack of them.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Really only need one. Better that way, takes more of the variables out of it.

How many birds do you see flying around in the rain and most head south in the winter. I like feathers but not when the weathers bad. Early seasons fun with them. You will notice a diff just because of the weight.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

How to do you resharpen Muzzy Blades? What tool do you use? The reason I want 6 is so I can shoot two groups of 3 and see how they group to compare. I have already shot a Muzzy practice blade I have and it went right with my field tips at 30 yards and Blazer vanes but I want to be more scientific than that and just see if I want to stick with Blazers or switch over to feathers like my local shop swears by.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Spike

Hi get back with me i might be able to help you out with the broadheads we might be able to work something out if your intrested
Old 07-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry dude. I just gave away a dozen Carbon Express 100 grian never been used. I only bought them because they were at Walmart at the end of the season for 12 bucks for three and I bought all they had just to give away. I don't use light broad heads.. sorry, just a few days late.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the people who say buy a pack of Muzzys to do your test.....if you like the results with the muzzys then buy replacement blades and use the same tips that you practiced with.....thats what I would do to test feathers vs. blazers.