Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-09-2010, 05:38 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
Well bigcountry....looks like three Md. guys in a row don't agree with you. Maybe you should hunt another spot. If the hunters are as bad as you say then how are there any deer left?
Well, let me ask you a question and maybe it will settle it. Have you ever been here hunting? If no, then if I was you, I wouldn't be giving advise. But if yes, have you seen the developments go up here? They have lost over 50% forest lands in the baltimore/dC area in the last 10 years due to development. I mean you take Anne Arundel Mills alone, thats over 1000 acres of forest land lost. Where are these deer to go. When you have that amount of urban spraw (one of the largest growth in the country) deer have to go somewhere. Don't worry, they will even out.

Kybuckhunter, have you ever drained a pond? If you have, you might understand.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:42 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by brucelanthier
I rarely see any one during firearms/ML and I hunt public land open to everyone. There are times I see other cars in the parking lots but don't see the hunters. There is over 4000 acres of public land I can hunt all within 20 minutes of where I live and they seem to be opening up 100's of acres to hunting every year. Just last year they opened up a 1700 acre parcel. I scouted it out this spring and will hunt down there this year. We'll see how many others are hunting it then.
Ok, just 8 years ago, you told me southern MD was crowded face to face. Guess its all changed now. According to you.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Ok, just 8 years ago, you told me southern MD was crowded face to face. Guess its all changed now. According to you.
I did not know you or come on this site 8 years ago. Perhaps you are thinking of someone else.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

big country- do you argue with stop signs when you stop at intersections?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Spike

Shoot what you want and dont complain about what others are legally allowed to use when you as well have the same choice. No I dont own a crossbow and I dont have a problem with those that do.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
That was mainly aimed at you steve. Well because you crack me up with your logic or lack of. But you saw I bowed out rather quick, because I sincerely never plan to ever move or hunt yankee country.
So it is ok for some to talk about other states but not all? I thought you quit because you finally understood the perfectly clear logic of it all - a poll on one of the largest archery forums out there showing only a 25% opposition to crossbows. I got to work on making assumprtions.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:51 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by brucelanthier
I did not know you or come on this site 8 years ago. Perhaps you are thinking of someone else.
Bruce, we took that bow tuning class together 7-8 years ago in B-more. I sat beside you two days. I asked about hunting down in Southern MD, and you said crowded. Guess now on the forum, its just the open range down there.

Maybe since its so open down there, they can have open range graze laws in Southern MD. Surprised you don't see buffalo herds roll thru all that DC suberb.

Last edited by bigcountry; 07-09-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
So it is ok for some to talk about other states but not all? I thought you quit because you finally understood the perfectly clear logic of it all - a poll on one of the largest archery forums out there showing only a 25% opposition to crossbows. I got to work on making assumprtions.
Again I guess if its on the internet, it must be true?? Sound fimiluar. Do you base all your opinions off of what others think? Is this what your trying to say? I do not.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:54 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MO Archer
big country- do you argue with stop signs when you stop at intersections?
Not sure if you realize it, but its kinda how forums work. People may respond to a thread and ask you a question and you answer back. Not sure if you knew it.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you base all your opinions off of what others think? Is this what your trying to say? I do not.
Nope - look at all sides and facts and make a decision - which is always open to being adjusted should more facts surface. Seeing 75% of the bowhunters on a major forum agree with me is merely affirmation of my already set opinion.

This is a public thread in the bowhunting section - anyone is welcome to post until a mod says different - in spite of BC rules.

Last edited by SteveBNy; 07-10-2010 at 03:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.