Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Bows?

Old 06-29-2003, 07:24 AM

Default RE: Mathews Bows?

cottonfarmer,

I have shot both quite a bit and own a Martin. The biggest difference I' ve found in the two lines is the way the cams feel. The Martin Fuzion cam has a softer wall and a bigger valley. The Mathews cam has a much harder wall and shorter valley. I think the Fuzion cam is very smooth and can be shot very well when you can concentrate on your exact anchor. In a hunting situation, where your body can be in a contorted shooting position causing difficulty in getting a repeatable anchor, I much prefer the harder wall of the Mathews.

I' ve found the second biggest difference in the two bows, to be the feel of the grip. Although some like the Mathews grip, I much prefer the repeatability I get on the Martin with wood side plates.

If I was choosing the bow for hunting, I' d take the Mathews. If I was using it for target shooting, I' d consider the Martin.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:46 AM

I WANT A MATHEWS To damn expensive for a un-employed 13 year old though.....poor me[:' (]
Old 06-29-2003, 01:53 PM

I have liked all of my Mathews bows. To be honest I like the LX the best of all of the Mathews bows. It really satisfies what I want in a bow.

However, for the money I think the Mathews FX is about the best deal going. The difference between it and the higher end models is not that great and for most people it would be just as good for a whole lot less cash. I am one of those though that will pay the rediculuos price to get the little extra' s that come with the higher end models.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

I' m a Mathews shooter and I chose the FX. After bow was set up it was quiet and drew easy and performed to my expectations. Has about the same specs as the higher priced Mathews. Guess I needed the 250.00 more than Mathews did.
Old 06-29-2003, 03:01 PM

I shoot a mathews legacy as well. still looking for the perfect grip but the bow shoots sweet either way. now i have all top grade accessories on my mathews so my price for the bow ended up around 1200. its worth the price though!
Old 06-30-2003, 05:32 AM

I shoot a mathews legacy as well. still looking for the perfect grip but the bow shoots sweet either way.
I just put a Leosch medium wrist/full grip on my LX and I love it. It' s kind of the perfect balance between the Mathews Classic grip and the Competition grip offered by Mathews. And if you contact Jamie Leosch (on the Leosch website), he' ll recommend a grip style for you ,if you explain what you want and your likes/dislikes. He really knows grips !!