Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Bows?

Old 06-28-2003, 05:29 PM

Default Mathews Bows?

What is a good model mathews bow? This is considering price and quality. I am sure they are all good bows but was considering trading a martin jaguar for one but would like to know what I was looking for. Also, would you trade the martin for the mathews. What would some prices of mathews be because I think I can find some of last years models at my pro shop.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews Bows?

For the Mathews line up you can expect to pay between $400-$700 for their bows. You might get a deal on a close out year bow however, so that is a good avenue to explore. The shop might of been holding on to it for a while as well, so you might want to try talking the price down some.

I paid $649 bare bow for my Q2XL in October of 2000. Shops in the lower 48 were letting them go for less, but I wanted to buy from a local shop and support them.

The best thing you could do is head over to the shop and try shooting some. I know different folks that like Martin more than Mathews, and vice versa. It all depends on how it feels to you.
Old 06-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Proud owner of a Mathews Legacy. I don' t think you could go wrong with any of their bows. As for price, well that depends on your trade in, whether it was a last years model or maybe even a used bow like I bought. Whatever your choice, you' ll love it.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:16 PM

I think the Q2XL is about the best bow Mathews has made! I would trade a Martin for Q2 or Q2XL anyday!
Old 06-28-2003, 08:44 PM

I bought my Martin in December of last year, probably less than a 500 shots, maybe a few more. What kind of trade price should I be looking for? Just an estimate.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:46 PM

I think I would have to recommend the Legacy. Such a great bow and so much fun to shoot! I think you should give it a try!
Old 06-28-2003, 08:49 PM

What is one reason that I should get a Mathews over my Martin? Just want to here some opinions.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are in the trees a lot, the SQ2 is a very nice bow. Short & Sweet!! It isn' t the fastest bow in the world, but it is very quiet and smooth.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:37 PM
nub

What is one reason that I should get a Mathews over my Martin?
Because you want one.[:-]
Old 06-29-2003, 05:42 AM

I have a Mathews Legacy and have not once regretted buying the bow. It is the best bow that I have shot in a long time.

Is it better than a Martin? I can' t honestly tell you, because I have never shot one. You need to shoot the Mathews line and compare for yourself. If their is a difference that would justify switching to Mathews, only you will know it when you shoot and compare.

Quick Reply: Mathews Bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.