Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Do you buy a product because of show or "Pro"? >

Do you buy a product because of show or "Pro"?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: View Poll Results: Do you buy a product because you saw a pro or tv host use it?
No, that is the silliest thing I have heard of.
72.09%
Yes. If it is good enough for them , it is good enough for me
6.98%
Never really thought about it.
20.93%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Do you buy a product because of show or "Pro"?

Old 06-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Spike

Default Do you buy a product because of show or "Pro"?

This is not brand specific or even piece of equipment specific. It covers all makes and models.

I had a someone tell me the other day the that they switched from something that was working for them to another brand/type because they saw the pros using it and if it was good enough for the pros, it was good enough for them.

Personally I thought it was kind of crazy. I mean I understand the whole win on Sunday sell on Monday strategy. A lot of manufacturers rely on this type of marketing. That is why big money is paid to the pros or tv shows to use their products. Nothing wrong with it. I also understand that a person is in the market for a new piece of equipment and their favorite show's name is on it. No problem there. Heck, I might even be a little guilty of that.

But the question is this. Do you purchase a product simply because you saw a pro use it or saw a person on your favorite show use it?
Old 06-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Absolutely not!

In fact, the more these so called "pro's" tout something as the best the more I tend to stay away from it.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Absolutely not!

In fact, the more these so called "pro's" tout something as the best the more I tend to stay away from it.
I tend to be the same way. I must say that I was suprised when he told me that because he was dead serious.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't buy a product strictly because I saw somebody on TV use it, but I wouldn't let that steer me away either. I buy a product I feel will work for me. Now if there are two options, and both seem equal in quality and price, I may be swayed by who uses or endorses the product.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

i bought a "hindsight" once because i saw tom miranda endorsing it and thought it looked cool. missed the biggest buck of my life using it and immediately sold it on ebay. could have been just me choking under pressure, i dont know but i did get rid of it lol. i can still see that monster today in my dreams. now i cant say i am not intrigued when i see a new product , but i give a little more consideration before i purchase things. i tend to look at message boards like this for real world reviews of products than i do on tv because i know those guys are just saying its the "best" because they are getting paid to say it.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by krabbiepatty
i bought a "hindsight" once because i saw tom miranda endorsing it and thought it looked cool. missed the biggest buck of my life using it and immediately sold it on ebay. could have been just me choking under pressure, i dont know but i did get rid of it lol. i can still see that monster today in my dreams. now i cant say i am not intrigued when i see a new product , but i give a little more consideration before i purchase things. i tend to look at message boards like this for real world reviews of products than i do on tv because i know those guys are just saying its the "best" because they are getting paid to say it.
That's not a dream. That's a nightmare!!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Absolutely NOT,Those guys would endorse anything for the right price.
I buy and use products that will do what I need them to do,or to try them out for my self over the years i've found that just because something works for you don't meen it will work for me.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Spike

Mostly I look for a product that has the features i'm looking for or I'll ask my buddies what has been working for them. I used to favor things based on what I saw the guys on tv. After I wasted some of my hard earned money I began to think a bit more about my purchases.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i do feel they show a bunch of good climbers and blinds on the shows, but i am lookin for durability , not who is tryin to sell it...i like the ghost blind, and those big bad no wind flap 2 man blinds, but i couldnt tell ya who was tryin to sell it..
im thinkin maybe those people get famous tryin to sell a nice product, not the product gettin famous because of who is sellin it
Old 06-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of course!!! Everything I buy

some "pro" has to use
mathews and Hoyt bows
sure loc and sword sights
trophy taker, octane, limb driver, and whisker biskut rests
xtreme stabilizers
tru ball and Carter releases
victory, Easton, and carbon express arrows

and pretty much any other gear I have

probably all endorsed by at least a pro or two... Haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.