Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Do you buy a product because of show or "Pro"? >

Do you buy a product because of show or "Pro"?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: View Poll Results: Do you buy a product because you saw a pro or tv host use it?
No, that is the silliest thing I have heard of.
72.09%
Yes. If it is good enough for them , it is good enough for me
6.98%
Never really thought about it.
20.93%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Do you buy a product because of show or "Pro"?

Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, I do have a bone collector ameristep blind! Highly endorsed. But the shop I shot for is business parteners with mr waddel so u can see what I'm getting at haha
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Wink

Have to say,without the advertisements,u never know the product exsists!
Its then when I check it out in person and see and feel if its a product That is comfortable and is of quality and feels good to my likeing,I think about the purchase.
Its been said by thousands of sportsman etc.And Its TRUE What feels good to some does not always feel good to others when purchasing products.Its personal preference.

Last edited by cjgjr; 06-08-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

Many times if the "pros" are pushing it, I avoid it because I think they are probably getting paid to endorse it and thus are biased in their review/view of the product. Hiring "pros" to endorse a product jacks up the price of said product, so why should I pay more for it?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

I specifically avoid anything with bone collector on it because I don't want to give any of my money to those clowns.

It is starting to pizz me off because everything has that crap on it these days.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I started bow hunting when Fred Bear was about the only pro...I don't care what others use as chances are I've killed way more deer then they have...

I just use what I have confidence in...
Old 06-16-2010, 03:54 AM
Spike

I'd much prefer to go off my own opinion of a product, or a personal friend that I know I can trust.

Most of the tv personalities today couldn't find their ass with both hands, let alone be successful in alot of areas we hunt, so what they use means little to me. 99% of outdoor tv these days is pure garbage.

Tyler
Old 06-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Spike

I don't buy anything just because it is used by a "PRO". The "PRO" is paid to use it, and will tell you just about anything the Co. would want you to hear just to buy it. I have seen some items over the years highly promoted by the PRO that was nothing but junk, could not keep em together to save ya life. Take whatever the item is and use it FIRST to make sure it is what they say it is. I buy from
field testing experience, reputation of the company, AGE of the Co.
NOT just because of advertisement
Old 06-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

I usually might see a product introduced on tv, but I always look online for the reviews. I like to get reviews from the average hunter not someone that is paid to put the good word out on a product.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Digi
I specifically avoid anything with bone collector on it because I don't want to give any of my money to those clowns.

It is starting to pizz me off because everything has that crap on it these days.
i hate those guys too mike waddell is a joke and so are lee and tiffany and i dont buy stuff because a "pro" says its good i buy it because it works for me i use rage broadheads because a guy i hunt with gave good feedback about them and told me about other people he knew have had good luck with them
Old 06-18-2010, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

No!

I also tend to stay away from what the "pros" push. I like products to stand on their own merit. Advertisement is needed to get it in front of the consumer but to pay for a celebrity pro to endorse a product, whether with cash, hunting trips or free gear, is money that could've been deducted from my cost.

Dan

PS: These so called pros kind of annoy me and for this reason I downgraded to loose the outdoor channel.

Last edited by dkbs; 06-18-2010 at 03:27 AM.