Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

your opnion

Old 05-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default your opnion

Could you please look at this vid on youtube and give your honest opinion ?
I am in a discussion with the shooter and IMHO I think it's a case of bad shot placement and pushing both shots too soon.
I could be wrong......

http://www.youtube.com/user/terminat...10/MGkf6ASwTH4
Old 05-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know too much about shooting hogs. As a general rule, I take any reasonable follow-up that is available. The first arrow certainly appear lethal so he probaby could have waited.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Never hunted hogs and don't know how thier vitals are,but IMO both shots where quartering shots and IMO that it self is not a good shot,doable but not prefered. With the animal in the open as he was I think I would have waited for a broadside shot.but thats just my hillbilly opinion.

Last edited by wvnimrod; 06-01-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool video.....who cares, you got one dead hog. Good Hunting.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
Cool video.....who cares, you got one dead hog. Good Hunting.
I care, PETA cares, animal activists care.....
I think living in a small overpopulated country where everybody watches you hunt, ethics and public opinion have become an important factor in hunting. When we apply for a huntinglicence we are tought ethics, how to take an animal in a way that public opinion and animal activists aren't offended. And the animal gets a fair chance without unneccesary suffering.

Frank Belgium
Old 06-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't worry about what PETA thinks, they think they are all bad shots. Quartering away is a good shot that was just a tad back. The followup shot seemed to help too, in that position you need to take what you can get before it charges you. I wouldn't criticize this guy, finishing the animal was the important thing.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
I care, PETA cares, animal activists care.....
I think living in a small overpopulated country where everybody watches you hunt, ethics and public opinion have become an important factor in hunting. When we apply for a huntinglicence we are tought ethics, how to take an animal in a way that public opinion and animal activists aren't offended. And the animal gets a fair chance without unneccesary suffering.

Frank Belgium
Forget the congratulations then, enjoy your chocolate.

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 06-01-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
Forget the congratulations then, enjoy your chocolate.
just take a look at any of the vids the guy posted, there's bad shots in every one of them.
Just because you wacked a lot of pigs, that doesn't make you a hunter, it makes you a butcher.
Like I said, the few animals I've taken didn't need two arrows and I didn't spend my afternoon looking for them or waiting them to die....
This guy wouldn't be a hunter in western Europe, he would find himself being banned on most of the hunting properties.....
I all so think his bow is badly tuned because of the way the arrows don't penetrate the hogs he's hitting ( see, I didn't start of by saying his shotplacement sucks ) But on these kind of subjects he doesn't reply.
If I were to film my own hunts, I would make sure it was a clean kill, always. Or I wouldn't film myself before I was sure I could take decent shots.........
But hey, you're right, one dead pig, who cares..............

Frank
Belgium