Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How Many have you tutored ? >

How Many have you tutored ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Many have you tutored ?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default How Many have you tutored ?

How many people have you brought in to the sport of bowhunting? Myself it would be two, one I have taught the
art of bowhunting the other Im still teaching. Whats ironic is the first one I taught or helped along is now teaching me little things he has learned, it is a exsperence that I will treasure forever.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Typical Buck

Funny that I saw this post.
I actually was top dog at our range. I had a few guys, older and younger than me that I started helping out to improve their skills.
Now I have a big tournement coming up and these guys have become some mean competition. They listened to what I was saying and trained on it and now I find myself looking at their game and kicking myself.....

Deep down inside I am proud and I see others coming up to me for advice when they see the improvement the others have made....
That said, the master will need to teach them to be humble....

F
Old 05-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
Funny that I saw this post.
I actually was top dog at our range. I had a few guys, older and younger than me that I started helping out to improve their skills.
Now I have a big tournement coming up and these guys have become some mean competition. They listened to what I was saying and trained on it and now I find myself looking at their game and kicking myself.....

Deep down inside I am proud and I see others coming up to me for advice when they see the improvement the others have made....
That said, the master will need to teach them to be humble....

F
I think TFOX could agree with this post, as me as his minion

I started learning stuff from him a few years back, and now I could probably give him some tips indoors now most of the time he will get me outdoors, bc he has knowledge far beyond mine, but after 3 top 3 finishes this season in 3d I've sorta gotten on a role haha.

He can still school me, and give me more help in 3d than I ever could him.

I've gotten quite a few people into target archery, and 3 that are full bore into it. One that I've actually gotten shooting about as well as myself, and two others that I'm working on to get them into back tension mode.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just saw this post and drock,I agree.Your skills have surpassed mine.In some areas,knowledge as well,especially indoors but I have always hated that game and that is the first thing ones needs to succeed.I think I still have the upper hand with knowledge on the 3-d course though.

My shooting isn't what it once was for sure,desire and shoulder issues that keep coming up put a damper on it.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got into bowhunting 6 years ago and I told my dad one day I wanted a bow for christmas because I saw it in a magazine and I thought it was cool. So that christmas I got my bow . My dad taught me simple stuff like how to hold the bow correctly, or how to nock an arrow. Most common sense stuff. Well ever since then I have been experiementing and teaching my self better techniques in hunting and shooting. I talked my dad into getting a bow for himself so he got one this past winter and now I have been teaching him everything I know. He wants to go bow hunting this fall with it so ill get to spend some time with him in the woods.

Yesterday I was teaching my girlfriend's little brothers how to shoot. That was pretty fun. Im trying to get her to shoot one too. That might be tough to do.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been in many phases of Archery/Bowhunting for 54 years now. I taught more people the basics than I can count since I ran 2 Shops/Lanes for nearly 20 years. I also metored a few excellent Archers that surpased my ability & in my day, I was pretty proficient on the field or target ranges.
I've seen a few of those people win some pretty good tournaments as amatures. It just makes me feel great.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good Lawd! I have no idea, I'm like ahunter55 an old buzzard that has been involved in archery for over 40 years. No telling how many I'm propelled into archery and I'm still working at it. Has to be in the thousands.