Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt TurboHawk

Old 08-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hoyt TurboHawk

Any body know anything about the Hoyt TurboHawk. Im looking to get a nice fast bow but I dont have all the money in the world to spend on it. If youve shot one or know anything about one then tell me what ya think.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Turbo Hawk is an awesome bow and, at least in my area, is dominating the other mid range priced bows.

The TH has the same limbs and cams as the Alpha Max, weights just a little less than the Alpha Max and IBO's just 1 fps less than the Alpha Max. All of that for $300-$350 less.

I bought an AM32 in Nov 08 and I love the way it holds and shoots. However, I felt a little robbed after shooting the TH side-by-side the AM. Shooting both bows side-by-side, it is really hard to tell the difference between the two. The Turbo Hawk does have a slight more hand vibration (naked) than the AM does, but a good stabilizer will take care of that.

Take a trip to your shop and shoot one, I am sure you will pleased it.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by kickin_buck
The Turbo Hawk is an awesome bow and, at least in my area, is dominating the other mid range priced bows.

The TH has the same limbs and cams as the Alpha Max, weights just a little less than the Alpha Max and IBO's just 1 fps less than the Alpha Max. All of that for $300-$350 less.

I bought an AM32 in Nov 08 and I love the way it holds and shoots. However, I felt a little robbed after shooting the TH side-by-side the AM. Shooting both bows side-by-side, it is really hard to tell the difference between the two. The Turbo Hawk does have a slight more hand vibration (naked) than the AM does, but a good stabilizer will take care of that.

Take a trip to your shop and shoot one, I am sure you will pleased it.

The Turbohawk is a great bow....i personally think hoyt messed up....As previously stated it carries almost the same specs as the AM32-35 only difference being the make of the riser....Alot cheaper and all of the performance...its a no brainer!..
Old 08-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Im not gonna be able to make it to the archery shop till next week to see it or shoot one, but I cant even find an MSRP value online. About what does the bow cost???
Old 07-24-2010, 04:07 AM
Spike

Default cost

I live in North Carolina and Grashal Outdoors in Boone has them for $530.00 and Hoyt is offering the $50 mail in rebate. So its not bad. I am picking mine up next week. I am actually purchasing the bow over the new Mathews Z7.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

i bought one this spring on ebay. it was a brand new never shot bow and i got it for 425.00. it is well worth it!!!! its fast and quite as hell. dont spend more for a top end bow. i wont anymore i had a trykon xl when it came out and i paid less for this bow. it a killer deal