Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Doinker DISH

Old 05-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Spike

That is fine for you. But ,It is not as big as it looks in the photos.It is only 4 1/2 inches wide. Why would you want to call it srap before ever trying or seeing one in person? I owe the animal I am shooting at to make the best ethical shot I can make. And if something like the DISH allows me to aim more and make the best shot that I can rather than checking my level than I am all for it. What works for some will not for others. It will be on my hunting bow this fall, you can bet on that.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by asa1485
That is fine for you. But ,It is not as big as it looks in the photos.It is only 4 1/2 inches wide. Why would you want to call it srap before ever trying or seeing one in person? I owe the animal I am shooting at to make the best ethical shot I can make. And if something like the DISH allows me to aim more and make the best shot that I can rather than checking my level than I am all for it. What works for some will not for others. It will be on my hunting bow this fall, you can bet on that.
I agree. The guys who say stuff about longer stabs in hunting situations have likely never owned one. If it makes u shoot better then go for it!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some guys will bitch and cry about anything! As you guys have mentioned, the folks that are negative have obviously never tried one! Besides the entire, it's to long, really isn't an arguement because your ARROW sticks out twice as far as your stabilizer does !!!

Old 05-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

BUT my arrow isn't always on the bow.......sorry team mate, but I'm with the "never" on my hunting bow.
If I were struggling to hit my target in the field, I might look for a reason to fix it, BUT why fix what ain't broke..
Old 06-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had been wanting to try a B-Stinger, SS, Dish style stab for a while now but did not want to pay full price for something I was not real sure of yet. So I found this guy on ArcheryTalk to buy a 12 SS from and I fell in love with it.

I still have to shoot an off-set bar to help get the bow to level at full draw, so the Dish might be the complete package with the adjustable weight setup. I will have to get one of these and play around with it as well.

I also have to agree with CornFed, these new stabs are amazing and people would be blown away to know how much steadier they can be just by changing out their stab. So many bowhunters think that a stab's primary job is to reduce vibration and noise. However, these newer bows are so quiet and vibration free out of the box, you can really start using the stab to balance steady the bow instead.

And for those that say if it isn't broke, then don't fix it. I will agree, but before you say it is not broke I challenge you to step back to 50 yards with your short stab and look at your sight picture at full draw. Then put on a 10-12" B-Stinger, SS, or Dish and step back to 50 yards and look at your sight picture. If you are not steadier with the longer, weight forward stab then it is not broken......but you will be!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by kickin_buck
I had been wanting to try a B-Stinger, SS, Dish style stab for a while now but did not want to pay full price for something I was not real sure of yet. So I found this guy on ArcheryTalk to buy a 12 SS from and I fell in love with it.

I still have to shoot an off-set bar to help get the bow to level at full draw, so the Dish might be the complete package with the adjustable weight setup. I will have to get one of these and play around with it as well.

I also have to agree with CornFed, these new stabs are amazing and people would be blown away to know how much steadier they can be just by changing out their stab. So many bowhunters think that a stab's primary job is to reduce vibration and noise. However, these newer bows are so quiet and vibration free out of the box, you can really start using the stab to balance steady the bow instead.

And for those that say if it isn't broke, then don't fix it. I will agree, but before you say it is not broke I challenge you to step back to 50 yards with your short stab and look at your sight picture at full draw. Then put on a 10-12" B-Stinger, SS, or Dish and step back to 50 yards and look at your sight picture. If you are not steadier with the longer, weight forward stab then it is not broken......but you will be!!!
Glad you are happy with the SS stab by the way. There is actually a somewhat funny story behind that.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

I wonder how the governing bodies will look on this stab for the Bowhunter Limited classification

In their rules they say that you can't use any back weights, and the stab must be mounted straight on the bow (no 10 deg down angle).

I can see that the Dish does both of those, but I think that the ability to alter the weights around the perimeter seems like a way to get a similar effect of canceling out bow cant as offset back weights.

Aside from that, I really like the idea. The B-Stinger concept was awesome but this seems to take that to the next level by allowing the shooter to tailor the weight to negate bow cant as well.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 98Redline
I wonder how the governing bodies will look on this stab for the Bowhunter Limited classification

In their rules they say that you can't use any back weights, and the stab must be mounted straight on the bow (no 10 deg down angle).

I can see that the Dish does both of those, but I think that the ability to alter the weights around the perimeter seems like a way to get a similar effect of canceling out bow cant as offset back weights.

Aside from that, I really like the idea. The B-Stinger concept was awesome but this seems to take that to the next level by allowing the shooter to tailor the weight to negate bow cant as well.

Well there is a certain company that I am sure that will put up a big fight about it. But, the DISH is mounted on straight (no 10 deg down angle), and there are no back weights.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by asa1485
Well there is a certain company that I am sure that will put up a big fight about it. But, the DISH is mounted on straight (no 10 deg down angle), and there are no back weights.
I agree. The nfaa will probably discuss this in their next meeting...
Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
Some guys will bitch and cry about anything! As you guys have mentioned, the folks that are negative have obviously never tried one! Besides the entire, it's to long, really isn't an arguement because your ARROW sticks out twice as far as your stabilizer does !!!

IL-Cornfed your z7 is so friggin sweet. I would like to get a z7 this summer.... but we'll see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.