Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage Broadheads? >

Rage Broadheads?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot them and haven't had any problems with them, they make quite a hole as advertised. I just wished they would come in atleast a 4-Pack instead of only 3 for the price....$40.00
Old 05-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I'm glad you scored on a great buck but you don't seriously think that the Rage helped you tag it do you ?!? I mean seriously, the Rages 2" cut is only 1" measly inch larger than the smaller b-heads offered.... now look at a tape measure and you tell me that that lil' tiny 1" would have helped you recover the animal any better ?!?
Why couldnt it have!?!?!?

The difference between .0001 of an inch could be the difference between a cut arterie/lung/heart or what ever, so why couldnt this head with its measley 1" larger cut helped this guy recover his deer????

2" of damage to the internals is DOUBLE 1" if we are comparing apples to apples....

Rages work imo if you have the right arrow setup for them. Id stick with a heavy arrow for the 2 blades, like 450+
Old 05-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HoytUltratec
some times i think its best when the arrow is stuck and everytime that deer its a tree or branch that broad head tears causing more damage and a better blood trail.
I shot a deer with a fixed blade many years back. It was quartering away sharply and i hit it back a little farther than i wanted. The arrow had only penetrated about 8 inches. The doe ran off and when i recovered her, i had found that the running she did drew the arrow into her body cavity the rest of the way until almost none of the arrow was showing, tearing up everything inside.

Long story short, running with the arrow still inside will do alot of damage as will the arrow hitting trees along the way.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shot ywo nice bucks last year with Rage broadheads. Both quartering away both pass thrus. Both had a great blood trail with very large wound channels in and out. I shoot 68 lbs 30" draw so there is energy to spare.
Here are pictures of both entry wounds with the skin off.
Attached Thumbnails Rage Broadheads?-2bladeragecut170.jpg   Rage Broadheads?-2bladeragecut.jpg  

Last edited by LKNCHOPPERS; 05-03-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I'm glad you scored on a great buck but you don't seriously think that the Rage helped you tag it do you ?!? I mean seriously, the Rages 2" cut is only 1" measly inch larger than the smaller b-heads offered.... now look at a tape measure and you tell me that that lil' tiny 1" would have helped you recover the animal any better ?!?
Are YOU serious? 1" is a HUGE difference when it comes down to the damage being done and what you hit or might miss.

I've also tested them out on 5 P&Y bucks from Iowa and Kansas and got passthroughs on every one at shooting 260fps.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not much of a mathematition, BUT wouldn't a 3 bladed broadhead with 1" blades cut more tissue than a 2 bladed broadhead that measures 2" when open....suntin to tink about!!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Far too many people like to blame their failures on their equipment. Native Americans used to kill Deer with a sharpened rock tied to a stick. Most any well made broadhead will do the trick if it is driven with enough energy and the shot placement is good. For every person who loves the Rage you'll find one who swears they're junk. Push them with enough energy and put them where they belong and you'll kill Deer with the Rage broadhead, which is no different than most any other Broadhead you can name.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

I bought Rage 2-blades once. The blades would deploy in the quiver or if you bumped your arrow in the stand. I didn't want to worry about my broadhead, too many other things to focus on. I sold them and got the XC-3's. I like them MUCH more!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Howler
Not much of a mathematition, BUT wouldn't a 3 bladed broadhead with 1" blades cut more tissue than a 2 bladed broadhead that measures 2" when open....suntin to tink about!!
There is a huge difference between cutting tissue and cutting diameter.

Cutting diameter is the size of damage.

Cutting tissue is the damage done within the size of the cutting diameter.

By the way, there isn't any 3 blade, 1" blades. That would be a 3" diameter head. I think you were trying to say a 3 blade 1" diameter head and no they wouldn't cut as much tissue. It would cut 1 1/2" of tissue within a 1" diameter.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

This is a very old, old ,old topic.
Bottom line-Rage has good entry hole size but your chances of getting a pass through are 1 out of 10.
Go with a cheaper broad head that will pass through something like muzzy or slick trick will do the same and even a better job with killing deer.
Even thought they are only about 1 1/8 inch in diameter you will almost always get a pass through.
Hope that helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.