Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Boys

Old 06-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Primos Boys

Just wanted to know if anyone can tell me why the Primos Boys laugh and carryon almost hysterically after they harvest an animal. Is it just me or I am missing the punchline. I can understand released tension and relief after a successful harvest but these boys seem to be taking to the GIDDY level.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primos Boys

LOL, I know what your talking about, but honestly, I get extra excited after I harvest a nice animal!

As long as I don' t have people hunting close to me, I' ll give some good ole, Hoots and Hollars and jump up and down before i kneel to pray. If somebody saw me at this moment, they would think i was crazy.

But hey, when it stops being fun, it' s time to hang up the bow/gun/fishing pole.

I' m sure you' ll agree!

Good luck out there!
-BJ
Old 06-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

PAHunter21, I think you are talking about a genuine celebration which I totally agree and do myself but these boys just seem to be kind of making fun of the kill. I know I' m probably way off base but I just don' t get a real good feeling when I watch their giddiness. As a result, I watch their hunts until the shot and then I hit the mute. By the way, where in W. Pa. are you from I' m originally from New Castle.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:38 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I think it is genuine excitement and love of what they are doing. Many of the shows everything appears to be staged. I think these guys work hard for the animals they take and are excited about it. It is one of the few shows I like to watch. I have never got the impression that they are showing disrespect for the animal.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

What video are you talking about? I want to check it out for myself... you got me quite curious. I didn' t notice a problem in the past but that might be a lapse in memory.

To answer your Q. about what part of W. PA...... Beaver Valley area. Nice conversing with ya.

Good luck out there!
-BJ
Old 06-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geronimo, I may be wrong on this one, but the reason I think they get so wound up is because they are not only happy, but relieved that they got the footage. I don`t know if you have ever done any video taping of hunts, but it is not easy to do.

Those guys hunt so many days, in so many locals, that they are probably burned out.

Then again, maybe they are crazy!
Old 06-23-2003, 07:48 PM

Mez definitely hit the bullseye. These guy' s work for their animals and very often show some awesome close encounters, that many times don' t work out (you know, hunting...LOL) They harvest some great animals and show the good, the bad and the ugly. I don' t watch too many videos (only when at the hunting camp with no reception on the tube) and these guy' s, IMHO blow away many of the other " well known" hunting icons.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ll have to agree that their videos and t.v. programs are as authenic as anything out there. I' m sure they go through a lot of disappointment and frustration and I' m not trying to take anything from their good work. I guess it' s just a personal thing.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:52 PM

I have a few of their tapes, so I know what you mean,,,I also know what it means to show some gratitude for the life of the game animal you harvested.Making such " lite of it" ,that you giggle your self to the point of coming off looking like a half-wit redneck,,well thats being ungrateful.They should keep in mind that NOT all the people who might see one of their tapes, partakes in hunting.I think you guys know what I' m getting at,,,[:-]
Old 06-23-2003, 08:54 PM

They actually kinda remind me of my self. I get pretty d*#n excited, thats just before I settle down, get serious, and pray to the good lord, and thank him for everythying. I sometimes get so envolved that I pray while in the woods regardless of game or not. But back on the subject, I' m with everyone else I feel that those guys are genuine hunters. At least there not these little rich boy hunters like Bill Bordom and Jackie Bushwacked!!

Quick Reply: Primos Boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.