Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Boys

Old 06-24-2003, 10:24 AM

Default RE: Primos Boys

Ah, I am sure someone is talking bad about me now anyway!
Old 06-24-2003, 10:38 AM

just to change the subject a little bit , it wouldn' t be bad if some of these show had a little more technical stuff in it ,not just " tips" , i think that would be pretty cool too , though not too much as it would probably bore alot of people , there are some things i' d like to learn like tying a center serving or peep , changing limbs , stuff along those linesany way,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz see not too much as it gets boring ! am i starting to ramble? too much coffee!!!!!!!!1[&:]

Old 06-24-2003, 02:18 PM

I think several guys have nailed this one individually - here' s my $0.02

1) I think the (at times) they get excited enough to giggle becuase of the nerves & adrenalin and relief - in that they got a great animal - and got it on film. I also believe these emotions are truly genuine.

2) I think the Primos STL series of videos is THE BEST on the market. Although they promote the products they use, it' s still about the hunt. They don' t (after the kill) immediately pull out their Nature' s Essence & show how they covered up the odor of their rock & roll pony tail, nor do they describe how they will pull the animal out with their Glen' s deer handle.

3) I think Will Primos, Brad Farris, Jim Horn, & ALL the prostaffers that I' ve seen on the different TRUTH! series videos are truly genuine - you can' t fake the emotions shown on the various videos!

4) I think Primos calls are the best on the market - when looking for ANY type of call I search out a Primos - and I can be confident the call will work as intended.

No, I' m not a Primos employee but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

Old 06-24-2003, 07:13 PM

Was watching their show as I was reading this post.

They just seem to be thrilled after a successful hunt. All of their shows seem to try and keep the actual hunt as close to real as possible. They do a good job and put alot of work into their filming and hunting.

Old 06-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like thier shows better than most too. We all will have different reactions to our success. Some hunters get a doe, and it is a very cherished kill, so some of us might hoop and holler about it, where as some hunters kill a doe, and it' s just another deer, nothing to get too excited about. Or, if you traveled along ways to hunt elk, and you were successful by killing a 4x4, some guys might jump up and down with joy, and the next guy might not get too excited about it ' cause he has taken several elk already, or had higher hopes and bigger dreams. I know last year when I arrowed my first called in coyote, I got kinda gitty, gave out a big shout of joy, ' cause it wasn' t easy, and it gave me a great sense of accomplishment. Some of us celebrate differently with success, nothing wrong with that!
Old 06-25-2003, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

The shows are about harvesting animals.who wants to watch a guy sit in a tree all day while getting nothing--because thats what happens in real life most of the time.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

I' d have to say that I enjoy their show and videos. I believe they are just having fun! And YUP, I' m jealous! When its not fun any more, just bury me![8D]
Old 06-25-2003, 11:07 AM

i can assure you the excitement of the kill is valid with the primos group.i was in a club several years ago that jimmy primos also belonged and they are just like the rest of us.as far as their calls,i have taken many deer and turkey with them.in fact,i don' t use any other brand!i hunt public land so i can only envy them for taking exceptional bucks even though they be in places the average hunter will never be able to.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:30 PM

Ive got an idea for an untapped market. A PUBLIC HUNTING AREA VIDEO!
Myself and my friends will be shooting small does and fork horn bucks on crowded public hunting areas. Watch as we sit for endless hours in our stands and not see a thing. We will also show the verbal, (and occassional physical), confrontations between us and the other hunters in the area when they confront us for hunting in THEIR spot that they scouted but never hunted 3 weeks ago.[:@]
Great footage of me drawing down on a massive spike just as another hunter walks out of the woods 50 yards away and spooks it. Share in the sorrow as I approach my evening stand area only to find that my stand has disappeared.
Only $6.99 plus $20 for shipping , handling , and the pain and mental anguish
of having to hunt these areas.[:' (]
Old 06-25-2003, 02:40 PM

benhuntin,

That is really funny!!!

People really don' t know how hard it is to catch a harvest on tape. Even though I would like to see some stuff done a little different, it is pretty hard to get enough footage to put together a video.

Quick Reply: Primos Boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.