Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any New Hoyt owner out there? >

Any New Hoyt owner out there?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any New Hoyt owner out there?

Old 06-22-2003, 09:32 PM

Default Any New Hoyt owner out there?

I' d like some real info about the new Hoyt cam and 1/2' s. Does anyone have one that would like to share likes and dislikes? I know there are a lot of MAthews shooters out there, how does the Hoyt stack up? I think the Razortech is the model I' m most interested in but don' t know much about options. Also, anyone use NAP' s 4000 series drop away?
Old 06-22-2003, 09:50 PM

Default RE: Any New Hoyt owner out there?

i bought the Ultretec and love it. it is the smoothest bow i have ever shot and it is prety darn quiet and vibration free.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:40 AM

i have a mt sport cam &1/2 and it' s great ! it smooth and it' s quiet!

Old 06-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

I have just bought a Razortec and I love it! Shoots sweet and is very forgiving. Sets up easy.
Now I have not had a new bow in about 19 years, and it is like night and day. I shot lots of bows and YES even the Mathews but like the feel on the Hoyt best.
I too saw the ads that people are down playing the cam and a half but think it' s worring other bow dealers that Hoyt' s is doing so well.

Boldplate
Old 06-23-2003, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently bought the razortec and I put a nap 2000 quicktune drop away on it. Can' t say enough good things about it. Quiet, smooth drawing, fast and deadly accurate are words that come to mind with this bow.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:14 PM

Got Cyber tec and serria tec both shoot better than I can...
Old 06-23-2003, 03:23 PM

I' ve owned a Razortec, Cybertec, & Ultratec all are some of the best bows I' ve shot. Go shoot them and see what you like. I have a Merlin coming with the new Omega cams which are supposed to be better than the Cam&1/2 or so I' ve been told, we' ll see.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:54 AM

I think asking how a Hoyt stacked up with a Mathews is about like asking how a Ford Truck stacks up against the Chevy. Some will tell you the Hoyt is the way to go, others will tell you Mathews. The reality is that you have to try them both and see which one fits you the best. They are both very nice bows.

I tried both, and I preferred the Mathews. The Mathews grip fits me better and I don' t like the extra brace Hoyt puts on their bows (near the handguard). Your results may vary
Old 06-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just put a Razortec on layaway and i pick it up next week
Old 06-24-2003, 07:23 PM

Thanks for the info, guys. I just need to find someplace close by that sell them so I can try them out. I appreciate all the good info I get from site, it' s great to get tips from people that acutually have experience instead of some guys high-school aged son at a sporting goods store!

Quick Reply: Any New Hoyt owner out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.