Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
A Bone Throw to Bowtech >

A Bone Throw to Bowtech

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A Bone Throw to Bowtech

Old 04-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A Bone Throw to Bowtech

Got to give credit where its due... had my area pro-staffer (who is also a good friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while) come by the store today. Came in all offical looking... no BS to speak of.

Anyway, he told me that he was doing a little scouting/dealer survey for Bowtech about their service as it was in the eyes of the dealers and directly to the customers. I've said often that I think their service is great, but Bowtech seems WAY understaffed, and their great service is thinly spread around. Messages are dang near always returned, but you'll be waiting nearly all day to hear back, and that isn't always a real viable option. As a dealer, that was the only negitive thing I personally had to say besides the inability to find some technical information in quick order, their new website layout helped that a lot, so its pretty much non-issue anymore.

Where the bone throw (kudos) come in, is that we all have seen Bowtech's reputation for service take a beating in the last two years (I think it started right after the General re-call)... lots of people have posted a lot of bad stuff, and that is what it is.

There has been a lot of denying and finger pointing and what not... but what it shows, by having a LOCAL and AVAILBLE pro-staffer (and I'll vouch for him, he is as serious a bowhunter as I have ever met) come by and take the time to write down my responses... I was impressed. First step to fixing anything is ascertaining if its broke or not.... and they are clearly concerned about it.... good work Bowtech!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:06 PM
bigcountry

What I found is it really depends on the dealer how fast they get back with you. The dealer I used to deal with in Baltimore, I have to admit, they were very quick at his worries. One I deal with now in Hanover PA, and others in York, are so-so fast. But they mostly sell Hoyt and are mostly hoyt friendly

Old 04-07-2010, 01:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

He's just doing his job as told. See nothing special here.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:08 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Rickmur
You have to admit, isn't it sad these days when we all are tickled pink when we get a company to do thier actual job? Instead of in the past, we thought the best customer service was the one you never had to call? Even I am guilty of becoming jaded.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rickmur

I'm not giving props to the pro-staffer... of course he is doing what he is told.

What I am saying, is that its good that Bowtech has decided they have a problem that needs fixing. Naturally it shouldn't have been a problem to begin with... is what it is...

Hell you can't even give credit on here anymore.... I'm suprised the thread didn't get the chop.....
Old 04-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
Hell you can't even give credit on here anymore.... I'm suprised the thread didn't get the chop.....
lol sorry i'm bored at work
Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I total agree with your 2nd post. Heck, I even agree with the 1st. I was just saying, wasn't carrying a flame thrower. LOL.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:43 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
I'm not giving props to the pro-staffer... of course he is doing what he is told.

What I am saying, is that its good that Bowtech has decided they have a problem that needs fixing. Naturally it shouldn't have been a problem to begin with... is what it is...

I too wasn't flamin. Sorry you took it that way. Just the proof is in the pudding. Its hard to repair a reputation.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Typical Buck

tell them to check there emails