Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Economical hunt sight? >

Economical hunt sight?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Economical hunt sight?

Old 03-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Economical hunt sight?

So many of the sights I have seen fail were made of plastic in the pin/fiber optic area. Looks like a bump against a tree would put them out of commision. Is there a $50, 4 pin, fiber optic sight out there that is all aluminum of decent quality? Maybe I am asking too much...thanks.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are actually a few high impact polymer ones that are tougher than the budget line metal ones are.

Impact archery makes a sight called the fiber tech that is dang near bullet proof. Sells for about 45 bones.

Apex is now making a bone collector 4 pin that comes with a light and its about 60.

Tru-glo makes a 5 pin metal sight called the xtreme or something like that. Only down side is its made in taiwan or something... impacts are 100% US made. It has a light also and is around 50.. they tool less model is 55 and one that comes with a tfo pin is 60.

They are out there.

What I am going to do for this season is get an Impact NI 100... which is a fairly cheap sight for around 35 bucks. I am going to take all the pins out of it and install two Tru Glo TFO pins to set at 20 and 30 yards... the pins are worth the same as the sight is...each.... but there are no batteries to go dead and its a totally dummy proof sight. the tridium lasts for about 12 years.... just like night sights on a handgun.

Last edited by SwampCollie; 03-21-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Spike

they arent the most cost friendly, but Montana Black Gold makes micro adjust sights that are well worth the little extra money. I got mine from www.bugsnbullets.com and then found out they are assembled in montana which is really cool i thought