Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery Sights

Old 02-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Archery Sights

I will start it off with my personal favorite archery sight Spot-Hogg.

Spot-Hogg sights are built from 6061 aircraft aluminum and put through rigorous inspections. All Spot-Hog sights have a white ring around the pin guard to help keep your form the same and as accurate as possible. Levels that are squared off to a vertical wire will also increase your accuracy while sighting in your bow, target shooting, or even while hunting. The Hogg Father, Boss Hogg, Tommy Hogg, Hogg-it , and Hunter sights allow a second and third axis adjustment to get the most accurate and precise sight that any archer would dream about.

Here are some key features that the Spot-Hogg sights have:

Hogg Father: Has quick release knob, horizontal & vertical adjustments, detachable dovetail bar, 2nd & 3rd axis adjustment, no tools needed for windage or elevation adjustments, removable rack for traveling, traveling case, available in 1, 3, 5, or 7 pins. HoggFather allows for shots that are beyond your last pin, but still within effective range. The option to quickly adjust your sight is available and then the lower pin is only needed for great accuracy.

Boss Hogg & Tommy Hogg: 2nd & 3rd axis adjustment, horizontal and vertical adjustments, no tools needed for windage & elevation adjustment, yardage knob, available in 1, 3, 5, or 7 pins. Boss Hogg & Tommy Hogg sights allow for shots that are beyond your last pin, but still within effective range. The option to quickly adjust your sight is available and then the lower pin is only needed for great accuracy.

Hogg-It: Quick release knob, 2nd & 3rd axis adjustment

Hunter: 2nd & 3rd axis adjustment, micro adjustment pins

Real Deal: Micro adjustment knobs and pins

Right On: Micro adjustment pins

What do people think about the yardage knob, available in 1, 3, 5, or 7 pin for the Hogg Father, Boss Hogg & Tommy Hogg sights allowing for shots that are beyond your last pin, but still within effective range. The option to quickly adjust your sight is available and then the lower pin is only needed for great accuracy. This would be great for 3-D or target shooting and maybe even for that bedded mule deer buck out in the middle of nowhere with nothing for a hunter to hide behind to get closer. It would all depend on how many pins you had and what your effective range is.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I Like the Spot Hogg sights and sell several every year, but IMO for a yardage controlled by a knob sight HHA is the best.

Multi-pin sights Spot Hogg are very Good!

Dan
Old 02-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

HHA for me
Old 02-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
HHA for me
They look like nice sights as well.

What size pin does everyone use for hunting?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

vital gear star track single pin (angular)
Old 02-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

I also use the adjustable HHA pin can target shoot out to 80 yards fun just watching the arrow sail.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

HHA for me as well, I love it!!
Old 02-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

My fav is the Spot-Hogg, Hunter Hogg-It, 5 pin, .019"
Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

I also like the .019 pin size. The .010 pins were just too small and did not work well in low light situations.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did spot hogg pay you to say that? Geez dude lay off the kool-aid lol. For the record i just picked up a sword apex 3rd plane micro and i like it a lot so far. Id rather have a multi pin sight than a one pin that is adjustable. To me it would be a pain to hunt with an adjustable sight plus you would have to step up to open if you were gonna shoot 3d with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.