Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Why do you shoot what you shoot? >

Why do you shoot what you shoot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do you shoot what you shoot?

Old 03-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had an old bear bow that I shot for years and wanted to get a little lighter bow. I found a good deal on a used Hoyt Vipertec and tried it out and have been shooting it for 4 or 5 years now. I really like the hoyt bow but from what I was shooting I really can't say I love hoyt. It was worlds above the older bow I was shooting but I am sure any newer bow would have been. I may upgrade in a few more years. However I just ordered a new set of strings for it so I will have to keep it at least two more years. I really like the Maxxis just the way it looks. Maybe in a couple years I will find a good deal on one of them and try it out.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot whatever is most comfortable for me in hunting situations...
Old 03-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whenever there is a bow that trips my switch, that is what I shoot. Generally the name on the limb has little to do with what I buy.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Spike

Default bow

I tried a couple of different brands and liked the feel of Hoyt the best. After my first Hoyt, I bought an ultratec and have stayed with it. I liked the ease of tuning with the cam.5, the slim handle, shot well with it and felt very confident in its outstanding durability, especially the laminated limbs. It has withstood the test of time for me on hikes in the mountains and in brush. It is still capable of shooting better than I can so I see no reason to change.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Another Hoyt fan here. I bought the Vectrix when it first came out. I had been shooting a Golden Eagle for about 12 years prior to that. Was still shooting fingers, no peep, aluminum arrows with an old box pendulum site. Same with my Dad. And finally we got the urge to try something new. Everyone around us had changed over years and years before. So we went out and shot several different bow lines and the Hoyt just felt right. Very smooth, Quiet ect. So we both bought one. He got the longer ATA which is 35 inches I got the shorter ATA. Have loved them ever since. I would however like to shoot the new maxxis and the destroyer just to see what all the hype is about
Old 03-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 121553
It sucks to be LH. I am really limited.

Bobby

How so? What are you currently shooting?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find some of the post informative an few just entertaining. If you look at what we are posting there are a lot of things that go into choosing a bow. Seems like everybody has their own preferences, that they look for in a bow.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still shooting a Mathews LX that I bought new in 2003. I've been lookingat and shooting bows the last 3 years. None have been $850 better than what I'm currently shooting, IMO of course.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's keep this thread on topic and leave the insults out of it. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ben / PA
How so? What are you currently shooting?
TRX, Golden Eagle, Black Widow Take Down and a Kodiak Hunter. I also received a set of plans for making my first custom bow. I been on a lot of other sites and got some real good info on bow making.

Bobby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.