Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Why do you shoot what you shoot? >

Why do you shoot what you shoot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do you shoot what you shoot?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why do you shoot what you shoot?

I am wondering why you shoot the brand of bow that you shoot. Do you have a reason other than a simple choice of " That's what I like."

I shoot Mathews brand because of the the string roller. I started that about 8 years ago.

One evening I was setting in the stand an a doe worked her way too me. It was one of those dead quite evenings. You know what I am talking about.

She heard the slide on my bow when I drawed on her. An, that was it. That's when I switched brands.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cause I have been brainwashed.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Martin makes a less expensive bow, but it is still not low quality, that is why I shoot it. I bought it when I was poor, and have shot it since then.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont shoot a particular brand. The current model I shoot is because I like the way it fits me, I shoot it well, and I got it for a good price.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Spike

I used to shoot a High Country but now I shoot a Bowtech Destroyer 350. I shoot it because when I went out looking for a new bow this bow impreesed the hell out of me....
Old 03-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure really other than success... I probably shoot as many or more arrows per year than anyone on this forum, but really can't say one feature that attracts me to certain bows... Kinda odd if u think about it. Thinking about it over all tho, I would say that a rock solid back wall is VITAL to my shooting style. I shoot backtension, with a hinge, so a good wall with no sponge is what has to be a part of every bow I shoot.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
Not sure really other than success... I probably shoot as many or more arrows per year than anyone on this forum, but really can't say one feature that attracts me to certain bows... Kinda odd if u think about it. Thinking about it over all tho, I would say that a rock solid back wall is VITAL to my shooting style. I shoot backtension, with a hinge, so a good wall with no sponge is what has to be a part of every bow I shoot.

That is what I am looking for in comments. My sole use for shooting my brand is because of the the roller.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

i shoot a Fred Bear Truth. i bought this bow at the Ohio expo last year. i only had about 350 to spend and i got it for 300 but thats beside the point. i shot a count of 13 different bows at that expo, from 5 different brands. the truth was the best of the 13 for what i was looking for. 1) QUIET!!! 2) small axle to axle 3) great let off 4) very adjustable. also a factor that somewhat played into my purchase was the customer service of Archery Country (out of minnesota) they fully set my bow up on the spot, tuned it to fit me (everything no one else offered).
Old 03-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AR Bowhunter
That is what I am looking for in comments. My sole use for shooting my brand is because of the the roller.
Good deal. When u figure out what works it makes everything a bit more simple. For hunting I'm not really as picky bc my version of accuracy in competition is much higher than in the woods, but like I said, what works for you and I may be polar opposite so long as we feel we do best with that "feature"
Old 03-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

My bow is over 15 years old, I bought it used and the Company is out of business...

Why do I shoot it??? I'm a finger shooter, not too many finger bows out there anymore...It's smooth, quiet and plenty fast...I'm guessing I've killed 50 deer with it...

I believe in the KISS theory...No release, no peep, no stabilizer, aluminum arrows, 2 pins and either Thunderheads or Muzzys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.