Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Can deer smell Repel Permanone? >

Can deer smell Repel Permanone?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can deer smell Repel Permanone?

Old 03-06-2010, 03:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Can deer smell Repel Permanone?

I officially hate chiggers and can't believe I'm already anxious about them! Permanone does seem to work. If I spray my clothes and let it dry outside, can deer smell the permanone do you think? Also, how long does one spraying last? Thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

Hello

I really have no idea for sure, but my guess is probably so to some extent. I hunt some public hunting grounds where those little deer ticks are abundant. I spray all my hunting pants and my sons. I'd rather be busted by a deer than have them little lyme disease carriers crawling all over me, (which is what happened the first few times I hunted there). I hunt with the wind in my favor and don't have any scent killing clothing. So I just figure if a whitetail slips downwind of me I'm busted anyway. We still get deer.

Dan
Old 03-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

They will pick up on any smell that is foreign or even an over abandance of a natural smell (ie. earth scent,pine scent ect.)
I have used it while turkey hunting though and never noticed much trouble.