Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wolf Protection Poll >

Wolf Protection Poll

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wolf Protection Poll

Old 03-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wolf Protection Poll

http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/609/index.html
Old 03-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, talk about some eye opening information. Thanks for posting that. Since I live over on the east coast where Wolves are not(not yet) a problem this has really given me a good insight on both ends of the spectrum as to the problem with wolves. I can agree that from the looks of it there def. needs to be population control on our part to help keep the numbers down. However I don't agree with going and completely wiping them out because the wolf is apart of the natural bablance.

Last edited by BvrHunter; 03-02-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

I said not sure. When I came on here I was FERVENTLY against wolf hunting. But know, after getting fairly upset responses from cattle farmers and what other people have been saying that live out there, I am not sure what to do. I may not shoot one, but let the people it affects do as they need.
BigBuck95
Old 03-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

They should be shot on site when seen outside of yellowstone.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
+1

I'm okay with no controls inside the park, establishing a reasonable buffer zone (and managed hunting) around the park, and unrestricted control outside the buffer zone.

Wolves don't want shot? Wolves should stay in the park.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Spike

Interesting read. I agree with State rights over Federal protection
Old 03-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

And that is EXACTLY why the wolf situation is what it is today.

That attitude got you into this mess and it will make sure that you never get out of it.

The wolf problem exists today because people shot as many as they could on site every chance they got. Then came along the tree huggers to protect them and reintroduce them but they are just as short sighted as the people that nearly eradicated them years ago because they had absolutely no plan to deal with the wolf as their populations grew and expanded into new terrotories. Now the wolf is a real problem and, in most states, you can't kill any of them with out risking jail time and thousands in fines.

The wolf population must be controlled and not let go unchecked, as it has been thus far, but the attitude of "kill em all" or "protect them at all costs" does nothing to help maintain a healthy natural balance, establish hunting seasons, etc... etc...

Last edited by bigbulls; 03-03-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Spike

The state of Idaho was mandated by the U.S. fish and Wildlife to have these in our state. Game populations have gone down, not stronger. They destroy cattle, dogs, sheep. Now I belive they need to be in every state, with New York first on the list ! They love bunnies too, which is too bad for the bunny lovers. For all you wolf lovers, step up and ask to have them in your state. Whats next, how about some gators in your prize fishing lakes. After all "thats what they do". This is a quote from some tree huggers. Next you can get rid of your rifle.
Attached Thumbnails Wolf Protection Poll-wolf-3.jpg   Wolf Protection Poll-wolves-idaho.jpg  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nomorewolves
Now I belive they need to be in every state, with New York first on the list !
Theres nothing in the DECs regulations that says I cant shoot a wolf.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Spike

Well I live in Idaho, and I can tell you from first hand experience that the number of Elk have dropped significantly. Not only that, but they bugle less because the wolves close in fast when they are hear them, and we have gone to hearing wolves, to seeing one or two 1000 yards away to seeing a couple of packs a year as close as 75 yards away. Just like any other big game animal they have to be managed. I don't think there is any debate in that. My good friend is a park ranger in Yellowstone. He worked with releasing wolves and tracking them in the park. He loves them, and grew very close to several of them. I was shocked when he told me that because he is a biologist and looks at the overall picture, wolves need to be managed. I don't know how you disagree with a biologist who likes the wolves saying that they have to be managed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.