Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Long Beard Chasing*Bowhunting Style! >

Long Beard Chasing*Bowhunting Style!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Long Beard Chasing*Bowhunting Style!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Long Beard Chasing*Bowhunting Style!

Just wondering how many of you will be out there this Spring chasing them old long beards around with your Bow?? This will be my second year taking nothing but my bow. Been spring gobbler hunting for about twenty years now. Bowhunting for the last 17 and why I have waited this long to combine the two still baffles me!! I have not been successful with the bow just yet during SGS( skipped an arrow off the back of one last year) I have plucked a few in the fall during deer season. But Nothing compares to getting old Tom fired up and reeling him in. And then to put him down with the bow... thats where its at!!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

I'm going to try turkey hunting with my bow this season. It will be my first time ever turkey hunting, and I can't wait for the season to start!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by tsaxybabe
I'm going to try turkey hunting with my bow this season. It will be my first time ever turkey hunting, and I can't wait for the season to start!
Yeah man I hear ya! I'm pretty pumped up about it myself.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be using the bow again. Been using it mostly for the last several years. When I say mostly, if it comes right down to the final hunt and I haven't gotten the deal sealed with the bow, I'm not against evening up the odds with my scatter gun.

Been using the Magnus bullhead for the last three years. Haven't had to track a wounded turkey since switching to them.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone using the Guillotine's??
Old 03-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BvrHunter
But Nothing compares to getting old Tom fired up and reeling him in. And then to put him down with the bow... thats where its at!!
I agree!!! I've only been bowhunting Gobblers for just 12 years but it's been one of THE most exciting and enjoyable pursuits I've ever had! Best of luck to everyone this Spring!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:27 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I'll be out there. A lot of fun chasing them with the bow.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

I tried the Gobbler Guillotines at a paper target and they seemed to shoot terribly (I was shooting them without the blades in; we didn't want to break them). Not very accurate at all. Has anyone else had this problem with them? Are the bullheads better?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used the guillotines before the bullheads came out. We use longer arrows and instead of blazer vanes, we put 5" feathers on. I think your rig really needs to be tuned to get the arrow flying as true as possible with either broadhead because they both have a lot of blade out front, and if they don't get launched perfectly straight, those blades out front will make'em fly goofy.
The bullhead blades are definately tougher than the guillotines, but we found that shooting them into some 4" foam over a block target, with a simple home made paper target pinned on the foam, that the arrow will bounce off and not damage the blades. This way, you can shoot'em over and over.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

I plan on just using my regular thunder heads. Anyone think thats not a good Idea? They are basically the only head I've ever used. Maybe the bullheads are the way to go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.