Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Peep...No tubing >

Peep...No tubing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep...No tubing

Old 02-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

on my old switchback I had a tube on it and switched to a tubeless. I liked the tubeless alot better. One of my buddys was shooting a tubless on his switchback and you could hear that their was noise from my tube when i shot. IMO a good string and tubeless is the way to go. Your not set up right or you dont have your strings broke in if you get peep twist.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a tube pop off of the peep while practicing. If it could happen during practice, it can also happen during crunch time. It also made me nervous having a stretched rubber tube pointing right at my eye. Stuff happens... I use a tubeless peep now with W/C strings and never had a problem.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the past I have always used the Shur-Zee peep (no tubing), this year on my new Mathews Z7 I went with the G5 Meta Peep, and while shooting I too notice it was twisting, my friend who set up my bow stated to me, you have the let the string streach then all will be fine, I trust what he says and from others on here they have said the same
Old 02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

[quote=Howler;3583037]
My peep has tubing and I never need to worry about it being there for my eye at the moment of truth! No breaking in string no making sure it's aligned just shoot it's there! A nice insurance when hunting! One less thing to worry about[ /quote] Until that tubing breaks at full draw and smacks ya in the eye ball.
And yes that really does hurt like HELL I had it happen to me 2yrs ago, hense the reason I switched to a tubless sight. The only problem I had with mine is I do not use a d-loop so I just had to put somthing on the string(can't think for the life of me what it is called right now) that basically twists my string for me as I draw back to line up the peep
Old 02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Spike

I went tubeless this year. I had a lot of trouble with my tube breaking on me in inopportune times. I won't go back...