Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Peep...No tubing >

Peep...No tubing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep...No tubing

Old 02-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Spike

ive never had a tube hit my eye but it has been a while since i used one too. IMO tubless is the way to go. if you shoot winners choice strings or VTs that peep wont turn if you shoot a properly installed string loop, in my experience. the other advantage is that you shed some weight off of your string, which picks up your arrow speed slightly and makes your strings last longer. if you decide to shoot tubeless, be sure to pick a peep that is machined aluminum. i have seen plastic ones bust during a shot. you will not regret changing over!!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by trailinone
I'm with you on that. I just replace my tubing about 3 or 4 times per year, to keep it from dry rotting. I will continue to use a tube, just to ensure it doesn't twist on me when it's time.
Chris
Not that I'm baggin on tubing, but when you have to change it 3 or 4times a year so it doesn't dry rot just seems like a big pain in the butt to me. I've had my Vectrix for three years now with a G5 peep on there, even put it on a winners choice string last year and have not had the first problem. And def not worried about it dry rotting. Just my two cents
Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

To solve the problem just go PEEPLESS!! If you shot enough and have some displine with your knocking point then you shouldn't have a problem converting over to no peep.. I recently did and it is much better.. If i didn't shoot peepless then I would 100% go with tubeless.. The guys on here can say what they want but there are a few things about the tube like "it breaking and smacking you in the eye" (Yes, some may say well just take care of your equipement and check it--well what if your on an elk hunt in the mountains and your in some real thick **** and possibly catch it on something causing a slight tear or frey it, now a 350 class bull walks out at 20 yards--you draw--and whack, you no longer can see out of your right eye--that would be a blast miles from no where!), or having to check it all the time just so you know when to change it (A PAIN IN THE BUTT!), I can go on and on all day.. Put a tubeless on your bow, shoot it for a week or two adn the string will stretch--now your set for months or even years without worry or problems..
Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Spike

I honestly dont see any really good reason for a tubeless peep? There is actually alot of people still using the tube peeps. I have seen freinds pull back on animals with a tubeless and not close the deal because of it being twisted, this has never happend to me with a tube. Thats just my opinion though. Im sure they work well for some.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=Howler;3583037]
My peep has tubing and I never need to worry about it being there for my eye at the moment of truth! No breaking in string no making sure it's aligned just shoot it's there! A nice insurance when hunting! One less thing to worry about[ /quote] Until that tubing breaks at full draw and smacks ya in the eye ball.

I use a peep with tubing as well. When the tubing breaks it usually goes the other way not at you. If you put a new piece on at the beginning of the season each year, you will not have a problem. It is a trade off you had to decide for your self.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

could someone post pics of a tube peep and a tubeless peep? think i have a tube, if its a alloy circle with the string divided in 3 around it?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
could someone post pics of a tube peep and a tubeless peep? think i have a tube, if its a alloy circle with the string divided in 3 around it?
A tube peep has a length of rubber tubing attached to it for alignment at full draw. A tubeless peep relies on the bowstring to rotate into the same position everytime at full draw.

Both usually work but each can fail for diffrerent reasons.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
A tube peep has a length of rubber tubing attached to it for alignment at full draw. A tubeless peep relies on the bowstring to rotate into the same position everytime at full draw.

Both usually work but each can fail for diffrerent reasons.
tubeless here...3 string...i hate the 2 string
Old 02-25-2010, 03:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quality Strings, Peep properly installed and you will never have a problem. I'm not sure how many years I've used a tubeless peep but I do know I've never had the 1st problem.

Not that it is a Huge deal but tubed peeps are speed killers. They will usually cost you 10 to 15fps.

Quality tubeless peeps which I carry are the G5 Meta peep, Tru-Peep, Red eye peep, and VaporTrails new line of peeps.

Dan

Last edited by MeanV2; 02-25-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peep Sights

These might help you out alittle...
SIGHT1
SIGHT2
SIGHT3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.