Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wolf Wall of Shame? >

Wolf Wall of Shame?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wolf Wall of Shame?

Old 02-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wolf Wall of Shame?

I can’t believe that this is public information. No these hunters will probably have to deal with being harassed.

Wall Of Shame (Wolf Killers Montana 2009)

http://howlingforjustice.wordpress.c...-montana-2009/
Old 02-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant believe grown adults could be so clueless.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is wolf hunting illegal in that area or something?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Typical Buck

Why should you be ashamed of being on that list ?

I think this should be part of public information, you're brave enough to kill an apex predator but you're afraid of being put on a list ???
Old 02-17-2010, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see no problem with that being public information either. Hunters are the reason that the vast majority of animals are still around in this country. Whitetails, turkeys, elk, pheasants...all of these animals are abundant because HUNTERS make sure they are abundant. The people that post on sites like the wolf one just will not ever admit that hunters are responsible for the animals that they go and look at. They claim that we are a sad lot, but I see it the other way around. If they would just take a look around at the number of organizations that hunters support that put wildlife back and ensure that it thrives, they far outnumber those of antis. Ted Nugent said it best when he said "How many trees has Bono ever planted?"
Old 02-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

I don't see a problem with the names being public, to be honest I wish my name was on there, they could even capalize it! Honestly I hate the thought of wolves, the DNR has restocked them in our U.P. and it has taken a huge and I mean huge number of the deer.. My family has 2 cabins up there and we had a tradition every year to head up there for some fun and hunting, while needless to say I haven't been there in 5 or so years... Honestly you could walk for miles and maybe cut one deer track while in the meantime you cross a dozen or so wolf tracks.. There was a time when the deer up there were as plentiful or even more populated then they are here in lower Michigan now.. This may sound stupid but I honestly would not feel bad if they were gone for good!! I would HOPE that soon they will start regulating the populations a little more and have season on these preditors.. Just a question-what is the difference between killing a coyote and or a wolf, they are both preditors--what is so damn special about the wolf.. I say KILL them and be proud of it!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

Friends-
when I first came on huntingnet I thought wolf hunting was like murdering a person. Oh how my views have changed. I see now that they are a predator like coyotes in in NY, and they need to be controlled or they will devastate the game animal population. So here is my opinion. WHO CARES IF THIS IS PUBLIC OPINION?!?!?!?!?!? This is an ANTI HUNTING website. Please pay no mind to them. Just look at all the stuff in the sidebar on the website. THEY ARE NAMING THE WOLVES LIKE THEY ARE THEIR PETS!!!! Sorry guys,
BigBuck95
Old 02-17-2010, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

I kinda have mixed feelings. Since there are no wolves(not that I've ever seen) here in Va. I have kinda looked at them as majestic animals and was kinda appalled at first when I read that people were shooting them simply for sport. However, doing some research and seeing how the wolve is devestating other species in certain parts of the country I can relate due to the recent coyote problem we have been having here. There should be some kinda population control if they are presenting problems, but at the same time its the law of nature. They kill just as we do, can't really blame a wolf for being a wolf.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Diamond, having hunted in the UP for my entire hunting life, I've seen the wolf at its finest. Maybe 8-10 years ago, the wolf was being blamed for atrocities to deer that rivaled the tales from the holocaust. I was a wolf defender at that time. Our camp is north of Amasa, in the heart of wolf country. We have seen a sharp increase in tracks and sightings the last three years, and have seen a marked downturn in the deer numbers as well. Now, the wolf has taken off more than the DNR had ever imagined they would, and the hunters are left holding the bag for it. The #1 moneymake for our state has been the gun deer season, but that has seen a decline because of wolves as well. Guys just don't want to make the trip with the deer numbers being much lower than they are accustomed to. I'm not naive enough to think the wolf is SOLE party responsible, but they certainly have done their share. Along with bears, our deer herd is under some pretty intense predation. The bears do a number on the fawns early, and the wolves rule the woods in the deer winter snow.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Dominant Buck

WHile I would have NO issues with taking a wolf (and I hope to, some day)......the publication of that list concerns me. I can tell you, first-hand, that there are some SERIOUSLY twisted individuals who would/will use that information in seedy ways.

I have a BIG problem with that list being "public knowledge".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.