Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 buckmasters bankrupt >

buckmasters bankrupt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

buckmasters bankrupt

Old 06-23-2003, 09:27 PM

Default RE: buckmasters bankrupt

I gotta go with belle on this one!!! Jackie may have been all about the hunting then, but just compare then to now!! All these hunters wouldn' t have the same idea about the guy unless part of it were true. This is just what the public sees. If he is different, then why not show everyone that he is not a little rich boy. He prob. is a nice guy, thats not what I' m getting at. How about some public land hunts, some non-guided hunts, just show everyone he is a REAL hunter and not a money grubber!! Why not promote some ' pure guy' hunting. Who cares about what happens around some stupid round table, or in a conference room, its what goes on in the field that counts. Lets see him get back to the basics and show some hard core hunting(just look at the nuge!!)!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

I don' t know much about Jackie Bushman personally, but I don' t think highly of the Buckmasters shows. They are highlight hunting reels with more advertising than anywhere on earth. I won' t go as far as saying that Jackie is cash hungry, but Buckmasters sure is!

A few years ago in my area I could donate a deer to Buckmasters Project Venision and the local food banks would receive it. Now, if I donate a deer, I pay for it myself and the food bank gets the venison, but Buckmasters no longer funds it. This strikes me as peculiar since the Buckmasters organization and it' s founder are still getting richer and going on exotic hunts all over the world, yet people who really need it have lost their support!

No thanks, Buckmasters!

And another thing, I enjoy watching some of Bill Jordans videos, but I don' t think any of these guys have the skill to find their own trophy buck. I call these guys deer shooters, not deer hunters! Without the ranches and guides, they are just good shots.

A real hunting show would put the hunter one-on-one with the whitetail from start-to-finish. No ranches, no high fences, no feeders, no private farmland where noboby hunts. Most of us on this board hunt in areas that have regular hunting pressure (even public land) and are successful, at least some of the time!

And while I' m on my soapbox, let me just say to get out of your shooting house or tripod and hike into wilderness areas and bowhunt.

Your Grandma can shoot a deer with a gun
Old 06-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW! when I read the title I thought " why are so many people so concerned about a bow manufacturer, when it was sold? It' ll still make bows." Then I read it and saw what the hubbub was about.

I can tell that there are some who know why I do not buy these hunting videos. Who wants to see someone shoot a gun? Or bow? I' ve seen them on TV and wasn' t impressed. I feel just like some of y' all. Go to public land and do your own scouting, harvest a nice buck. Put THAT on video, including the countless hours YOU spent scouting not what some guide put you on. I wont pay some rich man to hunt some expensive guided hunt.

After what I' ve read here I am glad I never joined buckmasters. I will admit I was tempted once.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:34 AM

Wow!! First off I agree there has become too much commercial time on the shows and they need to reorganize there phone calls and membership data base. The commercials I know come from people watching there show and how that brings advertisement. Ann, maybe you could take back some input about less commercials and more outdoors.
I' m from NJ and I' ve gone on a Buckmasters disabled hunt and loved it. I' m not disabled but the hunt was to raise money for disabled hunters to have there own hunts. That kind of stuff is cool and I think Mr. Bushman needs to do more of these types of offers.
Last but not least, the hunting videos that I used to get were full of advertisement and less and less hunting. Now they don' t even hunt, they cook!!! Please get back to basics and start concentrating on hunting and less commercials. I know they pay the bills but charge them more and show less.

Thanks, Al
Old 06-24-2003, 12:05 PM

You tried to sell me a Vacuum Cleaner[][]

You send me tapes I do not want and did not ask for[X(]

You call me all the time to sell me crap!!!!!![:@]

Bushman can hunt with me anytime

You marketing plan and public relations plan is an insult and a sham.

I am a bowhunter!!!!!!!!! - And I NEVER vacuum
Old 06-24-2003, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

just to give you an idea how out of hand the marketing is on these shows. my girlfriend bought me a bill jordan collectible action figure from cabelas a couple years back complete with camo and bow. next they will be putting out there own salad dressing and cough syrup . and no you cant buy my bill jordan doll!
Old 06-24-2003, 02:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: buckmasters bankrupt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.