Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lil help deciding >

Lil help deciding

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lil help deciding

Old 02-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

A bow with very little valley will make you shoot with better form, but a bow with a big valley can help hide flaws in your form. Shooting back tension is the key to being consistent. I personally do not like a bow with a big valley, I think it makes me relax my form, which can allow me to start shooting sloppy.

I have shot both bows you are talking about and found things I like about each of them, but I cannot tell you which one is best for you. Which one do you like the best? Which one feels best to you? Those two bows are night and day different, so I would find it hard to believe that they feel the same to you. One of them must make you go wow. The one that does is the bow for you.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

I called the shop this morning and talked to the guy to ask a few more questions. I mentioned the 82nd and he said "ummm you were shooting a 101st not an 82nd. I'm out of the 82nd I have two 101st's left" I said "....o.k. I thought it was an 82nd. What's the price difference?" I was expecting a big jump in price. He said "same price but I need to get it out of the door so I'll take a hundred off and let you have it at $450 new in box is that o.k.?" I said "!Heck Yea! Put er' on hold for me." I'm still gonna take a few more shots with one before I seal the deal.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigpapa
I called the shop this morning and talked to the guy to ask a few more questions. I mentioned the 82nd and he said "ummm you were shooting a 101st not an 82nd. I'm out of the 82nd I have two 101st's left" I said "....o.k. I thought it was an 82nd. What's the price difference?" I was expecting a big jump in price. He said "same price but I need to get it out of the door so I'll take a hundred off and let you have it at $450 new in box is that o.k.?" I said "!Heck Yea! Put er' on hold for me." I'm still gonna take a few more shots with one before I seal the deal.
That's a pretty damned good deal. I don't think you can go wrong at that. I'd seen the limbsavers for sale for $200 and $250 NEW, as guys couldn't get rid of them. I think their niche is in making bows better, sort of like 3M.....