Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Help with arrows! >

Help with arrows!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with arrows!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Help with arrows!

Hello everyone, I am a preety young and farely new bowhunter. When I got set up with all my equipment at the local pro shop, I didnt really know what I should have, I just got what the pro shop people said was best for me.

I am 16 and next season will be my third year bowhunting, and its time for some new arrows. The pro shop gave me Easton ST Excel at 400 and 8.6 gpi, and I have shot these the past two years with success. Since I am a preety young hunter, I like to try different equipment when I can to see what actually fits me best. I shoot 29 inch draw, at 53 pounds.

I have been looking for arrows online and went to Beman and Easton's website and on their websites you can put your bow information in, and they recommend arrows for your bow. After doing this I found two that I believe are arrows that can be just as good as the ST Excel's I have been shooting, if not better. They are the Easton ST Epic Infused Carbon at 400 and 8.6 gpi. and the Beman ICS Hunter at 400 and 8.4 gpi. Is one of these arrows a great choice for me? Thanks for reading and thanks for the help.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Easton, Beman, Carbon Express are all quality arrows. Any Easton shaft in a size 400 should br fine from what info you have posted. Carbon Express Maxima series I'd Look at the 250's.

The more costly shafts are (generally speaking) the tighter tolerances are, straightness, weight, etc.

Dan
Old 01-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

i use the beman ICS bowhunter 400 and they work awsome from the 50-65lbs range and with the 29inch draw changing brands wont really change your shot at all its really all about preference and what you like and dont like really but i use to shoot the easton ST EPICs and they got too expensive for me so i switched to the bemans and have never looked back since.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

For the money Gold Tip has that covered. I am using the AMG Smart Shaft now, but you really have to shoot the GT. Easton makes good also but, 90.00just for shafts or same quality IMHO GTs for 65.00
Old 01-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

I like easton light speeds's they are 400 grain and are cheaper than gold tip.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fishinty
I like easton light speeds's they are 400 grain and are cheaper than gold tip.
Do you mean they are a 400 spine? A 400 grain litespeed is not very light.

And when you say they are cheaper than Gold Tips please explain what Gold Tips you are talking about. GT makes the Expedition 5575 (400 spine) that sells for about $70/doz (LAS).
Easton Excel is $63. Litespeeds are $95/doz. These prices from Lancaster's catalog.