Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Top 10 bows on the market >

Top 10 bows on the market

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Top 10 bows on the market

Old 01-24-2010, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default Top 10 bows on the market

Hi everyone I'm in the market for a new bow and I was wondering what are the top 10 bows on the market. I just want a better understanding of the good bows and are their any good bows besides the big name companys. I dont have a price range just looking for the best. I also want a quiet bow and all of the new bows seem to be about the same in speed. I'm mostly looking for the 2009 -2010 linup and I'm going to be using the bow for hunting.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im guessing my top 10 would be different from everyone elses. Its personal pererence really. You just need to go to a good shop and shoot a bunch of bows and then decide. And their are a TON of good bows out there this year. And some companies to look at beside the big 4(Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, PSE)are, Athens, New Breed Archery, Elite, Strother, Rytera/Martin. Im sure their are others im forgetting but those are the ones that come to mind. Good luck with whatever you decide to buy.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Top 10 is pretty broad. Bow choice depends largely on personal feel, performance you require out of the Bow, and money you can or are willing to spend.

IMHO you would be Much better off staying with an established company avoiding problems down the road. I'd look at and shoot all of the folowing I could get my hands on then you will be equipped to start narrowing down the field.

BowTech, Diamond, Hoyt, PSE, Bear, and Mathews. There is a wide price range available in all those established brands, as well as several different performance ranges.

Good luck!!

Dan
Old 01-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

I would say these are my preferences

1.pse bow madness
2.hoyt powerhawk
3. hoyt alphamax
4.hoyt maxis
5.hoyt katera
6.diamond iceman
7.hoyt alphaburner
8.mathews monster
9.mathews z7
10.mathews rezzen 7.0
Old 01-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Banned

Elite, Strother, New Breed, Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, the new bear attack , to name a few of my top picks and their bow lineups are sweet.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

a great affordable bow is the new bear bows they have new designs because primos went to mathews.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

I really like a pse bowmadness or a mathews z7; the z7 is one of the smoothest drawing bows on the market.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fishinty
I would say these are my preferences

1.pse bow madness
2.hoyt powerhawk
3. hoyt alphamax
4.hoyt maxis
5.hoyt katera
6.diamond iceman
7.hoyt alphaburner
8.mathews monster
9.mathews z7
10.mathews rezzen 7.0

Wow, this is Hoyt's cheapest bow. I love mine, but i am suprised anyone would list it in the top 10 of all bows. It is about 1/2 the the price of the high end bows.

Last edited by GFY_Camp; 01-24-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot EVERYTHING you can get your hands on, and then YOU will know which one really is "TOPS" for you, or at least be able to narrow it down a bit. I personally have a handful that are the TOP few for me, but that's just my PERSONAL feel for bows. Anything w/ a short valley is OFF my list because I like to come into a valley and hit a solid wall. For some guys I know, they actually like a short valley, most I know do not though. A solid wall is something MOST guys like, yet I know a couple finger shooters who don't like a real solid wall, again a personal preference, and something that you have to decide which you like, and go with it from there.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Shoot EVERYTHING you can get your hands on, and then YOU will know which one really is "TOPS" for you, or at least be able to narrow it down a bit. I personally have a handful that are the TOP few for me, but that's just my PERSONAL feel for bows. Anything w/ a short valley is OFF my list because I like to come into a valley and hit a solid wall. For some guys I know, they actually like a short valley, most I know do not though. A solid wall is something MOST guys like, yet I know a couple finger shooters who don't like a real solid wall, again a personal preference, and something that you have to decide which you like, and go with it from there.
what is valley and and solid wall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.