Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Why a new bow??? >

Why a new bow???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why a new bow???

Old 01-11-2010, 03:53 AM
bigcountry

One thing for sure frosty, I respect you that you went out this year and got the job done with a WT2. I have a nephew who at the age of 15 got a Z7. Before that he had a nice switchback. I mean, thats crazy, a 1000 dollar rig for a 15 year old.

Looking back, I honestly can say I harvest more deer with the new bows. Newer bows seem more consistent to me. You had to do all kinds of tricks with those bow back then, like creep tune, etc.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Spike

What you have to understand about the 15 year old having a new Z7 is he sold the Switchback for almost $600 which came close to covering the cost of the new Z7. Also he had $0 in the original Switchback so the new Z7 ended up costing around $350 once the rig was complete with all accessories. That Z7 was his entire Christmas gift from his family. Plus this 15 year old STAYS in the hills every second he's not in school or on a practice field. Would much rather spend $350 on something this kid would use in a tree stand than some bling bling that would be thrown to the side in a few months
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Spike

So I took ya'lls advice and went and shot some bows and you guy were right there is a big difference I couldnt find one I liked until I picked up a bear game over the grip had enough meat that it was close enough to to my current bow now only if I could get the wife to say yes (gotta sell some other stuff first but I will have a bow next season)
Old 01-11-2010, 07:43 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by browningman
What you have to understand about the 15 year old having a new Z7 is he sold the Switchback for almost $600 which came close to covering the cost of the new Z7. Also he had $0 in the original Switchback so the new Z7 ended up costing around $350 once the rig was complete with all accessories. That Z7 was his entire Christmas gift from his family. Plus this 15 year old STAYS in the hills every second he's not in school or on a practice field. Would much rather spend $350 on something this kid would use in a tree stand than some bling bling that would be thrown to the side in a few months
Well, I always said, if my boy ends up even near as good as him, I will be happy. But saying that, I got my views.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Spike

I just got my mathews monster XLR8 this bow is increadable. The plus to this change for me was the power speed accuracy and flat shooting.yeah it takes alot of the chalange out but I like the clean kill shots.I shot my deer and my elk both this year with this bow both perfect pass threws right on the mark on a quick shot both didn't go fifty yards and I shot both at 60 yards with confidance.I am impressed with this bow and recomend it to everyone.