Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Losing my mind! Seriously >

Losing my mind! Seriously

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Losing my mind! Seriously

Old 01-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Losing my mind! Seriously

I amde a post about hunting from the ground and taking deer from the ground the other day! I posted in there it was a goal of mine to do well let me clarify in case I confused anyone cause I confused myself! I shot a doethis year from the ground at 52 yards but I did not count that as I shot her on my way in from hunting and I stalked her! So technically I did it but not in the woods actually hunting on the ground! Thanks for caring and understanding that my brain is shot!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

From the ground is from the ground in my book,whether you intended to hunt in a stand or on the ground. Way to adapt and make it happen.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed, if your feet are on the ground, you shot it on the ground. May not have been the caveman-esque stalk you envisioned, but one on the ground is still pretty awesome. Well done!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default ground

I have hunted from the ground and stands, it seems alot harder from the ground. I actually have teaken the last 3 deer from the ground. It makes you alot more conscience of everything you do.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

When you shoot yourself a deer at 10 to 20 yards while on the ground you'll have a completely different feeling then you did at your 52 yard shot. You'll then expierence ground hunting at It's best and most exciting!!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default ground shot

The closet ground shot I remember is about 30 yards or so.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Spike

From a stand, you are merely a shooter.

From the ground, you are a hunter.

This is not meant as a judgment, but you couldn't truly understand HUNTING unless you've taken your prey on the ground from 10 or 20 yards. To be level with a deer, and so close you can see your reflection in its eyes...