Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My junior archer! >

My junior archer!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My junior archer!

Old 01-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Spike

Default My junior archer!

Hey guys,

I surprised my 11 year old daughter with a bow for Christmas. She freaked out and loves this thing. Every spare minute it's "Daddy, I wanna shoot"! I got her a Fred Bear - Brave 2 bow. The arrows that came with it were junk so I got her a half dozen carbon arrows. She's shooting 4 out of 6 arrows into a paper plate from 10 yards and improving daily! Very exciting to see my future little hunting buddy enjoying the sport that I love so much!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Very NICE!!!!!! Keep her going! I started at 8 and started my son at 9. Way to go!!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great!!

I taught both my daughters to shoot, and will soon be teaching 4 grandsons how to shoot a bow. It is a Blast sharing in the Fun with kids.

They are the future!

Dan
Old 01-06-2010, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Took my daughter last night to shoot her new bow. I was shocked and so were a couple of the guys that were there. The one guy that works there kept asking me
"she's never shot before"

They have a really good league for kids that she starts Saturday.

Bowling league Friday night, Archery and Basketball on Saturday's. In the spring it will be Turkey hunting girls Lacrosse and soccer.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MeanV2
They are the future!
Amen!

Both my son and daughter started shooting at a very early age; last year, my daughter (14), got a lot of guys ticked off on a resort vacation in Puerto Vallarta, she won an archery competition there using a cheap compound with no sights. She has become quite deadly

Last edited by elkmtngear; 01-06-2010 at 08:12 AM.