Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
AM 35 or Turbohawk >

AM 35 or Turbohawk

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

AM 35 or Turbohawk

Old 12-31-2009, 04:02 AM
Spike

Default AM 35 or Turbohawk

Hello Guyz!

I know there is many threads about what I am asking for, but...

* This is gonna be my 1st. bow,
* I have never shot one before,
* And I won't till I get one(complicated, I know...I am getting one from Austria, I am from Slovenia).

I have to chose about 2 hoyt models:

- Hoyt Alphamax 35 (2009)...about half year old(200hundred shoots), with new Vapor Trial string...Price: 550€
- Hoyt Turbohawk (2010) brand new + STS...Price: 520€

...So, which one should I chose? This bows has the same limbs, cams, speeds,...Except riser...Is that true? And Turbohawk is smaller, has higher brace height, lighter...What do you think?

* I'll shoot 29,5 - 30 draw lenght at 70#.

* Accesories:
- Nap smartrest
- J.Fletchhunter shorty

- Viper 9"
- Beman ics hunter elite
- still thinkong about the sight...

Thanks for any advice!

And happy New Year to all!

milan.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Between those 2 bows I would choose the Alphamax 35, Hands down!!

Dan
Old 12-31-2009, 05:19 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Between those 2 bows I would choose the Alphamax 35, Hands down!!

Dan
Why? What is the advantage for you on this bow? And tell me, which one would be faster at the same poundage and draw lenght with about 380grain arrow? Would be there any difference in speed?

Thanks!

milan.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Milan_slo
Why? What is the advantage for you on this bow? And tell me, which one would be faster at the same poundage and draw lenght with about 380grain arrow? Would be there any difference in speed?

Thanks!

milan.
To tell you the truth, there is very little difference between the two bows. The Turbo Hawke has the same limbs and cams as the Alphamax 32, the only difference is the riser. The Turbo Hawke is actually a few fps faster than the Alpha Max 32.

I own an Alpha Max 32 and I love the way it shoots, but for the difference in price between that bow and the Turbo Hawke, I would suggest the Turbo Hawke and in your case you are deciding between a used Alpha Max 35 and a new Turbo Hawke. The new Turbo Hawke is going to have the warranty.

The one thing that might lead me to recommend the Alpha Max 35 is you are about the DL as I am and I found that the Alpha Max 32 (same ATA as the Turbo Hawke) is just a little too short for me and I had problems with the string angle when I first started shooting it. However, the Alpha Max 32 is the shortest bow I have ever shot before as I preferr a longer ATA bow. So with that being said, with your DL, the Alpha Max 35 might fit you better if you are use to shooting longer bows.

Either way you go, you are getting a great hunting rig (the Alpha Max 35 doubles well as a 3D rig as well). Good luck and enjoy.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Spike

Ok, glad the hear that, because I kinda "like" turbo hawk more...

* Now, about my draw lenght. Actualy I don't know my correct draw lenght...

But...based on this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn0wl...rom=PL&index=1

* I get 78cm = 30,7" (draw lenght).

* Based on how I can exposed my hands (end of finger-finger) 189cm = 74,4"/2 = 29,7" (draw lenght).

Wich one is "more correct"?

*And...are those two bows(am 35, turbo H.) has cams, which draw lenght can be adjusted, without a bow press?

Sorry for my english....

Thanks for help!

milan.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Spike

Guyz, what about Pearson's Z-34 with R2B2 Cams, with IBO 340? Any good thoughts?

http://www.shootlikeben.com/products/z34.php

Thanks!

milan.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Milan_slo
Guyz, what about Pearson's Z-34 with R2B2 Cams, with IBO 340? Any good thoughts?

http://www.shootlikeben.com/products/z34.php

Thanks!

milan.
I would second that, but look at the new Legend for 2010.

Also, I shot all three...Turbohawk/Powerhawk/AM32 and believe it or not I liked the Powerhawk the best!!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MoNoFletch
I would second that, but look at the new Legend for 2010.

Also, I shot all three...Turbohawk/Powerhawk/AM32 and believe it or not I liked the Powerhawk the best!!
Pearson would cost me 730€...200€ more than turbo, or AM35(ussed)...Than it's better if I am looking after hoyts?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

X2 on the new bow vs used bow on getting a warranty with the new bow.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Spike

Anyway, I ordered Pearsons Z-34, R2b2 Cams. With 70# and 30" of draw lenght. I'll be useing 370-380grains arrows with blazer vanes. With this set-up I can get somewhere 310 - 315+ fps, I think it's quite fast, with that arrow weight.

MoNoFletch, I am not sure, but I saw somewhere u had an exact bow, but you sold it, right? Was it bad?...

milan.